"Combo - pad"...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stones

Reaction score
Not a real good "walk around pic" but, you get the idea. Rods are 1/8 - 3/16 - 1/4 and of course the rail. Everthing is removable and I thought it might be a little easier to set it up all as a single unit rather than 2 seperate pads. Whatchya think? ....

Looks great! Can I have one ;)

Do you have any concerns with launching from the outer rods?

Regards,
Todd

Originally posted by Prowler901
... Do you have any concerns with launching from the outer rods?
Regards,
Todd
As far as....???

"Stability"

I figured that's what ya meant but, one never knows. ;)
The unit itself does have a little "flex" but, I don't see it as a problem. I'll let ya know after it goes through the testing phase.
I'll get a couple of better pics to show how it's attached.

How large will the models be that you fly off the pad? I've had models damaged by exhaust from Aerotech F motors when launched off a rack.

Originally posted by tbzep
How large will the models be that you fly off the pad? I've had models damaged by exhaust from Aerotech F motors when launched off a rack.
Good point.
This isn't a "load it all up" type of pad. It's more for ease of use. No having to switch out rods or the like. The rod part of the pad can be loaded with smaller BP rockets and launched with no ill effects. When the 1/4 rod or rail is used with APCP motors, it's just the one rocket on the pad at a time.

Cool. I bet it will turn out to be a very handy pad.

How much weight and power do you think the pad will handle?
It looks like a 7-8 lb rocket on an I motor is within it's range, but it's hard to tell with photos.

Originally posted by tbzep
...How much weight and power do you think the pad will handle?
It looks like a 7-8 lb rocket on an I motor is within it's range, but it's hard to tell with photos.
I would imagine the rail could handle any L1 rocket w/o any problems. I built it to handle 4" scratchbuilts that I'll be flying on G80's and 64's. Here's another view...

Back