Colorshot Paints?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Campbell

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Colorshot paints? I was at my local Walmart recently and noticed Walmart seems to be phasing out Rustoleum and Krylon in favor of Colorshots. I am curious if these are good for painting rockets.

Look at the price, if they are priced like the Home_ whatever brand they are mostly solvent and little pigment.

Has anyone tried Colorshot paints? I was at my local Walmart recently and noticed Walmart seems to be phasing out Rustoleum and Krylon in favor of Colorshots. I am curious if these are good for painting rockets.
Came across Colorshot the other day in a craft store, next to the Montana Gold paints I was there to buy. Picked up a gloss “Stiletto Red” knowing I needed a gloss red soon. Here’s a plastic Estes nose cone that was sanded properly, primed with my usual Duplicolor filler primer, and painted with a couple of coats of the Colorshot. Finishing is not exactly my strong suit, but I think it came out well. And I didn’t use an excessive amount of paint to do it. I personally will try it again if I see it in the right color at a decent price.

22013626-C0D2-467A-B42E-DBD2283C0A24.jpeg

Came across Colorshot the other day in a craft store, next to the Montana Gold paints I was there to buy. Picked up a gloss “Stiletto Red” knowing I needed a gloss red soon. Here’s a plastic Estes nose cone that was sanded properly, primed with my usual Duplicolor filler primer, and painted with a couple of coats of the Colorshot. Finishing is not exactly my strong suit, but I think it came out well. And I didn’t use an excessive amount of paint to do it. I personally will try it again if I see it in the right color at a decent price.

View attachment 533069
Glad the paint worked for you. Thank you for posting your results.

Back