Not wanting resurrect a long dead thread, but since I finally built and flew my own using Excelsior's decals, I thought it was warranted. Yes, I bought the decals 3 years ago. Yes, I bought the necessary odd sized tubes from Semroc 3 years ago. Yes, all the parts were placed nicely in a box 3 year ago. So, really I didn't resurrect a dead thread, but rather started a new build!
I messed up the length of the engine transitions so I had to do a number on the decals to make it look OK. Since I didn't realize the mistake until decaling, I decided to just go with it.
The nose is loaded up with clay. I don't recall how much but probably 1.5oz maybe more. I am planning on getting an F50 Skid in it. Check back in 2016.
Today its maiden voyage was on an E18-4. It was a very pretty flight with a tiny bit of roll. Looked better than the special effects from the original series!
Excelsior's decals are super thin and easy to work with. For best results, I suggest coating with a clear lacquer and trying to keep the margins as narrow as possible.