Coding

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StueweB37

Reaction score
I am part of the telemetry group in my class, and I was wondering about coding. Where is the best place to learn about coding and what is the best system to use? Thank you.

1- There is an electronics and software forum that has many threads about telemetry and coding. Go there . do some searches and read all the threads.

2- coding?? Do you how to write computer programs to obtain sensor measurement and then send the data to a transmitter??
If so then:
My suggestion is to go to the Arduino web site.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/GuideDownload the software tools, buy a few Adruino compatible boards (many processors available under Arduino) and start going through the many tutorials.

3- Best system discussion would fill many pages here. There are many trade-offs among various 'systems'. And without some "specs" as to what you want/need there is no answer.

4- check Adafruit for boards, sensors and very good tutorials. I and other here use their stuff.
https://learn.adafruit.com/

Last edited:
In this context, I think the OP means encoding or formatting the data into the telemetry data steam.

In this context, I think the OP means encoding or formatting the data into the telemetry data steam.
Well, I hope to OP actually does come back and fills us in on what they are wanting.
Until then we can only give a few suggestions and then wait.

All the arduino resources are great. As far as going further, using the resources available at places such as freecodecamp.com will get you very far. They may not have the language you are looking for but from my experience the concepts are much more important. Once you have a foundation in the coding space (mine is in python as my day job is a data analyst) the rest is learning the correct "grammar" for the language, but the concepts are very much identical.

When i looked into flight computer programming on an arduino it took me all of 1 day to have something that worked since it was just translating my python knowledge to arduino/C++.

bonus - if you learn python then analyzing your flight data will be super easy :)

Back