CO2 Ejection System

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magin

Reaction score
Hi folks! I am planning to build my own hommade co2 ejection system. We desing the system but we couln't decide which composite we should use. It must be lightweigt , durable and cheap. Is there anyone who can help me about that ?

Why have you decided the body must be a composite? Lots of folks are having good success with aluminum, for instance cd3 or peregrine co2 systems.

Hi folks! I am planning to build my own hommade co2 ejection system. We desing the system but we couln't decide which composite we should use. It must be lightweigt , durable and cheap. Is there anyone who can help me about that ?
Hi Magin
When the CD3 system was being developed, I had the help of many talented people like Rob Briody, John Rockdale, Karl Bauman and Gary Rosenfield.
We had many concepts using many different types of pyrogens.
Peregrine ripped off the design and copied it, as there isn’t really a different way to accomplish the end result- puncturing a co2 cartridge via a electric match initiated event.
Bob Feretich has a good idea by suggesting the use of delron e-match holders. It saved on the manufacturing cost in materials but not much.
Let me know what you come up with! I’d love to help.
Tom

for the body of the ejeciton system
Does it need a body? I'd suggest minimizing the size/mass of the system to just what is needed for puncturing the CO₂ cylinder. I'm a regular users of Tom Rouse's system and I don't think I ever used the sleeves; I just make a mount for the bulkhead that fits between the shoulder of the cylinder and the puncturing mechanism.

ebayplate3.jpg

For example, the above photo shows the AV bay from the Madcow AGM-33 Pike which uses doubled G10 plates. The outer plate was drilled for the CO₂ cylinder shoulder and the inner one larger to clear it.

Back