• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold CNC Services

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello TRF,

I am looking to make a few quick bucks and I totally forget to add the fact that I have access to a 150W CO2 laser that cuts plywood up to .75” thick and acrylic at .5” thick. With a cutting area of 35” x 45”

I also have access to a CNC router with an 72” x 120” cutting area, mainly for cutting Aluminum or plastics.

Finally a 59” x 118” metal fiber laser cutter. That cuts up to 1/2” steel, 1/4” stainless steel and 1/4” Aluminum

I want to get paid $1.66 the minute, which depending on how thick the material is, a simple 5 minute job will at least give me something decent.

Would there be a way to get a price quote for some G10 cutting? Got a rocksim file for a 2.2" sized rocket I'd like to get fins cut for (body will be quantum tubing)

Would there be a way to get a price quote for some G10 cutting? Got a rocksim file for a 2.2" sized rocket I'd like to get fins cut for (body will be quantum tubing)

I cut some fins for someone and it was 12” x 12” 0.125” thick and it took around 7 minutes to cut. Depending on thickness too it will take longer if it is thicker.

I cut some fins for someone and it was 12” x 12” 0.125” thick and it took around 7 minutes to cut. Depending on thickness too it will take longer if it is thicker.
It would probably be 1/16" thick fins

Yes I am able to, I’ll be cutting some carbon fins tomorrow for someone.
do you cut fiberglass with the router or laser? I know materials containing resin (like g10) produce some nasty fumes on a laser. On the other hand, router cutting g10 produces glass dust.

do you cut fiberglass with the router or laser? I know materials containing resin (like g10) produce some nasty fumes on a laser. On the other hand, router cutting g10 produces glass dust.
It is better to cut on router to ensure clean cuts, you are correct that the laser produces fumes as the epoxy resin is being melted.

The router is equipped with a vacuum extractor to prevent breathing in those glass dust particles.

Back