CMASS Winter Follies 2020 - 11 January - Acton, MA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The wind may not be great but the temperature won't be bad. The rain has all but disappeared from the forecast so we're going to go ahead with our Winter Follies on 11 January.

The wind will be strong all day with gusts that will shut us down waiting for a lull. We'll set up at the end of the field farther from Route 2 to maximize our recovery area. You should plan on launching only low level flights (saucers would be a great idea) and using small chutes or streamers. Bigger, heavier stuff will come down sooner where an Estes Alpha may drift an amazing distance.

Of course, our goal is to recover on the field. We definitely don't want anything going as far as Route 2. We've got a good relationship with the Acton Park/Rec crew and we don't want to give them any reason to transfer our summer dates to the cricketeers.

BTW, our 2020 schedule is now available at the link in the Launch Status box at the top of the home page. The links haven't been updated for this year's events yet but that will be taken care of soon.

Just got this email from Ray at Fliskits:

Hi Kenn!

This is Ray and I am planning to attend the launch tomorrow as FlisKits. I will bring what I have, however can only take cash and PayPal. People can put an order in online and I will refund the shipping on the field in cash.

Unfortunately, will not be able to stay for the eating event afterwards.

Ray

Take advantage of having a vendor on the field and do some shopping.

Back