CMASS September 19th launch FlisKits anniversary!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Our next CMASS launch is Saturday, September 19th and is sponsored by FlisKits (we've picked up the field expense) for the FlisKits 7th Anniversary launch!

This launch is at our Amesbury field (370 acres of fun!) where we can fly some big stuff (up to K impulse) and all the way down to micromaxx. We have 11 pads and typically 3 away cells for HPR. One of the most efficient launches you will attend. On a good day we'll average a launch every 45 seconds or so :)

FlisKits will be there with a full booth, prizes and the infamous CAKE

This year, like last, it will be a round layer cake, chocolate with chocolate fudge center layer and butter-cream frosting on the outside.... mmmmmmmm (oh yeah, hot dogs at noon too!)

Come on out to the launch, have fun, enjoy the cake and launch some rockets!

We will have the following:
  • Free kits (Lil' Guy) to the first 15 kids (under 16) who come to our booth
  • $75 gift certificate for whoever flys the most FlisKits kits for the day (scratch built kits made from FlisKits parts work too!)
  • Cake (can't forget the cake!)
  • Range box stickers for everyone attending!

Gonna be a good day!

Light one up for FlisKits in September!

Woohoo,
Been dying to goto a launch since I missed the last Amebury launch in july.I picked up some of the new pro 29 motors from Wildman at NERFF and plan on putting a few of those up.One thing I am wondering about is if the ematches they come with will fire with a perfectflight minitimer if so I might bring along my Cosmodrome Aerobee Hi for a flight on a couple of the pro 29's.I am also going to bring my 2 stage bt 70 based rocket that I built to stage aerotech 24mm motors after I test out a couple flights using the quest q2g2's to light a couple composites I think I will try that one staged from an E to E or maybe F to E depending on the wind.Other then those two possible whatever else I bring may go up as well.

Cool Which Pro29's will you be flying? Should I bring that Graduator :p

I plan to fly mostly Low and mid power, mostly Fliskits :p. I will be doing at least two HPR launches, my "All Smiles" UFO and my Ladyrobin 2.0. "All Smiles" will probabily be flown with an I285GG, and I am thinking either a I800 or I540 for the first flight of the Ladyrobin 2.0

Cool Which Pro29's will you be flying? Should I bring that Graduator :p

I plan to fly mostly Low and mid power, mostly Fliskits :p. I will be doing at least two HPR launches, my "All Smiles" UFO and my Ladyrobin 2.0. "All Smiles" will probabily be flown with an I285GG, and I am thinking either a I800 or I540 for the first flight of the Ladyrobin 2.0

I picked a couple of the F39's and an F59 and also a G SS and one of the white motors.I am still up in the air about the Graduator it will all depend on if I have enough extra money by then.

Just in case you haven't heard this before, no sparky motors at our launches.

Yes I know that sparkys aren't allowed at our launches which I can understand no need to go setting the field on fire.I have been waiting patiently since NERFF to put something up on one of these motors its getting harder and harder to not launch one but now that schools back in the field I fly in has been turned back into a soccer field :bang:

Woohoo,
Been dying to goto a launch since I missed the last Amebury launch in july.I picked up some of the new pro 29 motors from Wildman at NERFF and plan on putting a few of those up.One thing I am wondering about is if the ematches they come with will fire with a perfectflight minitimer if so I might bring along my Cosmodrome Aerobee Hi for a flight on a couple of the pro 29's.I am also going to bring my 2 stage bt 70 based rocket that I built to stage aerotech 24mm motors after I test out a couple flights using the quest q2g2's to light a couple composites I think I will try that one staged from an E to E or maybe F to E depending on the wind.Other then those two possible whatever else I bring may go up as well.

Yes, the mini-timer will fire those ematches.
I use the same one in my aerobee-hi.

Little over a week away. I have 3 new proto-types to fly, perhaps as many as 6 by the time next week arrives. I have several old standards to fly but hope to get some good launch data on some maiden flights for upcoming products.

WHO'S UP FOR A Frick-n-Frack DRAG RACE????

The folks in our club love getting sneak peeks like this of new products :)

Cake is ordered and will be ready Friday afternoon.

Trying to get HobbyTown USA to join us. I will keep folks posted on that.

As always, if you want anything from the FlisKits parts or accessories area please send me an email with your request and I will be sure to package it up and bring it with me. Otherwise, all I will have on hand are rocket kits. (I've already got 3 special orders, so)

Also, I was asked earlier if purchases on the field count towards the drawing for the $75 gift certificate. YES THEY DO! I will have you put your name, email and phone number on the receipt so that I can record your sale in the drawing.

Praying for good weather, a large turnout, and LOTS of FlisKits kits in the air! :)

jim

I would LOVE to get all 11 pads loaded up one of these times... Man, I am burning through the booster motors lately. Have been a part of 4 FnF drag races in the span of 2 months this summer LOL

I have 3 but will have to make sure they are all flight ready

I just got in a new toy that I will be bringing to the launch too. :) My wife picked this up for me for my birthday next week (Well I picked it out and she said I could get it.) I tried to take my own picture of it but its too small and didn't come out well but it should be fun to play with.

https://www.boostervision.com/cart/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=124

Now to figure out what I am going to use as the carrier rocket that I won't lose it on.

I just got in a new toy that I will be bringing to the launch too. :) My wife picked this up for me for my birthday next week (Well I picked it out and she said I could get it.) I tried to take my own picture of it but its too small and didn't come out well but it should be fun to play with.

https://www.boostervision.com/cart/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=124

Now to figure out what I am going to use as the carrier rocket that I won't lose it on.

Great! Just great! Now we're all going to have to look presentable. You know how difficult that's going to be.

Now if I could only get you to strap that on the Aerobee Hi. Looking down would be a great shot of the booster seperation.... :rolleyes:

Great! Just great! Now we're all going to have to look presentable. You know how difficult that's going to be.

Now if I could only get you to strap that on the Aerobee Hi. Looking down would be a great shot of the booster seperation.... :rolleyes:

The thought has crossed my mind more then a few times.

Five days to wait for cake. Such a loo..ng time til Sat. :D

Yeah, and I'm sitting here thinking "Man! Only five more days till the anniversary launch! Not enough time til Sat"....

I can't believe it took an "Einstein" to realize that time was relative... LOL

ok, ok... getting close... weather looks good (rockets? Not so much.. got's lots of work to get'em ready for Saturday...)

Right now we're looking at partly sunny, cool (mid-60's) and calm (less than 8mph). Lookin' good! :)

jim

ok, ok... getting close... weather looks good (rockets? Not so much.. got's lots of work to get'em ready for Saturday...)

Right now we're looking at partly sunny, cool (mid-60's) and calm (less than 8mph). Lookin' good! :)

jim

They changed the forecast to breezy. But at least it's a 0% chance of rain.

They changed the forecast to breezy. But at least it's a 0% chance of rain.
Wow. The weather people are getting brave lately. Imagine predicting 0% chance of rain.

Just like the last launch where they predicted 100% chance of rain.

Back