CMASS Rocket Launch 16 July 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We have a launch scheduled for 16 July 2016 at the Acton School Street fields. As we don't have a rain date available from the town, the launch will proceed even if we are getting a bit of rain. This is not a high-power field; we will have our usual ring of 11 pads set up with a six-foot 1010 rail available if your mid-power rocket requires that.

Jim Flis will have his Fliskits items with him. If you need something specific from him, please contact him ahead of time to be sure he brings it.

Jason will be there with the AMWProX store goodies. Again, if you're looking for something specific, call ahead.

We should have a sizable scout group with us along with some other visitors flying with us. Please help out our guests where you can.

Let us know what you may be flying. Keep an eye on the weather and the website for any updates.

I'll be attending, hopefully for the majority of the day. Weather permitting my wife will be bringing along my daughter and a couple of her friends (4 year olds) for the earlier morning. I'll be flying some LPR and MPR. I've got two for the 1010 rail, the Blue Daddy will hopefully have a first flight on an AT E reload, and a brand new Madcow 1.6" Frenzy, modified for DD will also have a first flight on a CTI F (if I get the deployment charges figured out in time).

Kenn, is it possible for me to do some ground testing of deployment charges off towards the back of the field away from the flight line? I'd only need to if I haven't had enough time to finish backyard testing before Saturday. It looks like I'm going to be traveling to CT tomorrow and Friday night may be too wet, leaving me only with Thursday to dial things in.

Hey Mark,

I don't see any problem with doing a ground test on the field; just coordinate with the LCO and RSO when you're ready to set up.

What is your expected altitude for the Frenzy on the F-impulse motor? The trees and the road are pretty close depending on the wind direction.

Hey Mark,

I don't see any problem with doing a ground test on the field; just coordinate with the LCO and RSO when you're ready to set up.

What is your expected altitude for the Frenzy on the F-impulse motor? The trees and the road are pretty close depending on the wind direction.

It'll be an F-36 smokey (5% F) if anything, simming to <1100ft. I figured with DD it should be pretty safe for the field. I'll be keeping an eye on the wind of course and flying field conditions. If that seems too large, I'll try flying on an AT E reload w/ single deploy like the Blue Daddy.

Last edited:
I will be there in the morning with a radio controlled rocket glider, and some assorted low power stuff.

Got most of my stuff prepped. Going to bed to get up and finish. See you guys on the field!

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1468700816.098986.jpg
Great day on the field today. Hot, a bit windy but the wind kept most everything on the field. I ran the kitchen with help from Guy and Ed.

Put 4 up - Deuces Wild on 2xB6-4, Mega Mosquito on D12-5, Mini Fatboy on A10-3T, and Cosmic Explorer on C6-5. All nominal, up and down safely on chutes.

Latest posts

Back