CMASS October 24/25 2-day launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we made the decision to cancel our NEMROC event (New England Model Rocketry Convention) because of all of the effort that the CMASS volunteers are putting into NARCON 2010 slated for March.

So, since we had 2 days scheduled for the weekend we contemplated a 2 day launch instead of the 1-day convention followed by the 1-day launch.

I will be there Saturday and, I hope, Sunday but I may have a conflict with the Weather conference at the Clay Center... We'll have to wait and see.

Who else is coming? what'cha flying?

I hope to have modifications to some existing proto's that I've recently flown (and maybe even have some paint on them... LOL) Plus some of my other favorites.

Well, we have confirmed a 2-day launch!

I will be attending the Weather Festival at the Clay Center in Brookline, MA Saturday morning.

As a result, I won't be on the field till about 1:30 for the last part of Saturday, but will be there all day on Sunday.

Also, we will be having some contests. The first one will be a drawing each day, at the end of the day. To enter you simply have to fly a FlisKits model rocket kit! For each kit flown you get one ticket (at the RSO table). You also get a ticket for every purchase at our booth! The drawing will be some time during the last hour of the afternoon.

The prize? ANY FlisKits KIT YOU WANT!

So, come early, fly often! You get a ticket for every flight of a FlisKits model rocket kit :) NOTE: Scratch builts don't count however kit-bashed (Mods) of any of our kits DO count.

Other giveaways will be announced during the coming week. So come on out!
jim

Weather doesn't look too good for Saturday, but Sunday is looking pretty good. Let's hope for SOME good flying weather!

Jim,

That's a great pic of my son's Richter Recker. If you look closely you can make out the heat-induced warp. The lower section is concave to the left and the upper section is concave to the right.

I just looked at the rocket and it's perfectly straight again. :rolleyes:

Jim,

That's a great pic of my son's Richter Recker. If you look closely you can make out the heat-induced warp. The lower section is concave to the left and the upper section is concave to the right.

I just looked at the rocket and it's perfectly straight again. :rolleyes:

Mike, I tell people that's a "lens effect"... LOL

It didn't come out as good as I would have liked but here's the range being set up in time lapse.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/fL4XCIezM-w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fL4XCIezM-w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

What a great day for launching. Yes it was windy, but not as bad as I thought it was going be. Since the launch was on Sunday, I was not able to get there till about 12:30. After grabbing something to eat, I started flying :).
Renegade – Loaded the booster with a C11-0 in the middle and dual A10-3T’s in the side pods. I chose to go with a B6-4 in the sustainer. Liftoff of the Renegade was perfect, but failed to stage. I think the vent holes need to be bigger, plus I forgot to add some scotch tape to the tube coupler on the booster to help hold it in place. Only the upper 3” or so of the Sustainer got destroyed, so repairs should be quick and easy. At least I knew that the amount of nose weight I chose to add was enough to keep the rocket stable, at least on that motor combination.
All Smiles – Launched this UFO with an AMW I375 Green Gorilla. Like I predicted, the first try did not start the motor, but the second time was the charm and the UFO roared off the launch pad for a perfect flight.
Semroc Mars Lander – Did some quick repairs on this rocket to make it flyable. Wanted to launch it with a D13-4W. Delay was a bit on the long side, but other than that the flight was perfect.
Quest X-15 – The B6-4 that was in my Renegade. Last time I flew this rocket, it was unstable. Added some nose weight to it and this time it flew fine.
Totally Tubular - C6-5 – My first attempt at the Coffee Mug contest. Went unstable and got about 6 seconds on the streamer
Star Dart – Centuri B4-6 – Was allowed a second chance since the Quest TT went unstable. Was able to see it all the way to the top, but the streamer separated and I lost sight of the rocket.
Rhino – Aerotech D13-7W – The wind was cooperating so I decided to give my Fliskits Rhino a ride with an Aerotech D13. Great shot but I did not get a photo of it. I was talking to someone and did not realize the LCO was asking if I was ready to launch. I motioned the ok but did not realize I had my camera off :(.

Pictures located here:

https://www.gardei.com/Nemroc2009/

Back