CMASS launch, August 29th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So, who's going? FlisKits will be there with lots to fly, including some proto types. Stop by and check'em out :)

If you are looking for something in the parts/accessories department, send me an email and I will gladly bring it along. Otherwise all I will have are kits. Also, remember 10% of all field sales go back into the club treasury :)

See you folks on Saturday!
jim

I'll be there with my newly finished Fliskits Thunderbird.

Thunderbird_sm 01.jpg

Hey Bob, looks good.

I'm bringing my Thunderbird. Drag race?
I put in a 1/2 oz. of nose weight per Jim's test flight.
Mine was unstable on a C.
Drag race sounds good.

I put a couple of large fishing sinkers in the nose based on your last flight.

This will be the first Acton launch that I'll miss. Have a great time!

Shall I assume that there will be a Frick-n-Frack drag race sometime during the day?

I picked up a couple of packs of C6-0's a week or so ago just so I would be ready.

Shall I assume that there will be a Frick-n-Frack drag race sometime during the day?

I picked up a couple of packs of C6-0's a week or so ago just so I would be ready.

I've already heard from someone asking so I would say YES... :)

Let's go for it. We need to see if we can get all 11 pads loaded up!

The CMASS launch scheduled for Saturday, August 29 has been cancelled by FAA NOTAM FDC 9/7030 that prohibits all uncontrolled airspace activities within 30 nm of Logan (BOS) for VIP arrivals and departures for he Kennedy funeral. It is in effect from 5PM today until 5 PM tomorrow.

Bob Krech, CMASS Senior Advisor

bummer about the cancellation... but it probably would have happened anyway, with the rain forecast...

bummer about the cancellation... but it probably would have happened anyway, with the rain forecast...

It's not often the the weather forecasters go out on a limb and predict a 100% chance of precipitation. This is one of those times.

I was ready to do the underwater launch again. With the amount of rain they're calling for I wouldn't have had to bring the jug of water.

It's not often the the weather forecasters go out on a limb and predict a 100% chance of precipitation. This is one of those times.

I was ready to do the underwater launch again. With the amount of rain they're calling for I wouldn't have had to bring the jug of water.

The real bummer (for me) was that I wanted to give a test flight to a new micro model I am messing with (see attached) called "3's a charm" :)

Just something to make you crazy, Bill LOL

DSC03953.JPG

The real bummer (for me) was that I wanted to give a test flight to a new micro model I am messing with (see attached) called "3's a charm" :)

Just something to make you crazy, Bill LOL

Three gliders? I hope the kit comes with a big piece of balsa to make replacement gliders. That's for the people who know how to trim gliders. I my case they'd either spiral or flutter to the ground.

Three gliders? I hope the kit comes with a big piece of balsa to make replacement gliders. That's for the people who know how to trim gliders. I my case they'd either spiral or flutter to the ground.

Hey, I discovered something... if you have a cat, bring it along! Heck, I was losing these things while triming them! However, my cat never lost sight of'em... I would toss it, lose it and look at my cat. She'd be looking *right* at it... easy to find that way :)

Back