CMASS launch, 30-May in Tewksbury, MA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We had a great day of flying at the CMASS launch in Tewksbury, MA today! It's our smallest field and it was wet from recent rains, but we still had over 70 people there at one point (did a head count).

Many flights, though it was still very light flying for a CMASS launch. I don't have the exact number, but it was late in the launch before we hit 100, so...

I got many good flights in, my most exciting was some testing I did flying our upcoming Saturn 1B kit using just the scale fins for stability.

Saw many other FlisKits kits in the air including 4 different Frick-n-Frack models :)

Check out my photo album for the day!

good stuff!

We had a great day of flying at the CMASS launch in Tewksbury, MA today! It's our smallest field and it was wet from recent rains, but we still had over 70 people there at one point (did a head count).

Many flights, though it was still very light flying for a CMASS launch. I don't have the exact number, but it was late in the launch before we hit 100, so...

I got many good flights in, my most exciting was some testing I did flying our upcoming Saturn 1B kit using just the scale fins for stability.

Saw many other FlisKits kits in the air including 4 different Frick-n-Frack models :)

Check out my photo album for the day!

good stuff!

Wanted to be there today...it's been a while since I've been to a launch and I'm itching for it...but my daughter had to go to a Saturday detention this morning and then the disk in my lower back that gives me trouble decided to really go out this afternoon....

So I'm relaxing and building the Semroc Launch after spending a lot of time on my couch instead of out flying. Next time.

Dan

I wish I could have come out today. I haven't been to a launch since the second to last one of last season :y: I had a track meet today (we are now div 1 state champs as of today :D ). My brothers and I hope to be out for the July 13th launch in Amesbury.

Matt

Look half way up the flag. The red thing is a Flis Big Honkin Rocket on a MicroMaxx motor. That's the last I saw of it.

bhr.jpg

Back