CMASS Acton Rocket Launch 08 July 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We have a launch scheduled for 08 July 2017 at the Acton School Street fields. As we don't have a rain date available from the town, the launch will proceed even if we are getting a bit of rain. This is not a high-power field; we will have our usual ring of 11 pads set up with a six-foot 1010 rail available if your mid-power rocket requires that.

Jim Flis will have his Fliskits items with him. If you need something specific from him, please contact him ahead of time to be sure he brings it.

Jason will be there with the AMWProX store goodies. Again, if you're looking for something specific, call ahead.

Sign up for volunteer opportunities, LCO, Safety Check or lunch service. Please help out our guests where you can.

Let us know what you may be flying. Keep an eye on the weather and the website for any updates. Don't forget about our GO/NO GO hotline you can call on the morning of the launch, 857-24-CMASS (857-242-6277).

I like the Acton launches. I do like HPR, but I have a lot more MPR and LPR stuff, and on a smaller field my LPR rockets don't feel as dinky.

I'll be there!

+1 On the Acton launches.
When I was a kid and we were heading into Boston we'd pass by the fields in Acton and I'd always wish I could fly rockets there. Imagine how excited I was when I found CMASS and learned that the field I had always wanted to fly on was one of their launch sites:drool:

I too enjoy HPR but have WAY more LPR/MPR rockets. I have a bunch of newly built LPR rockets just begging for some airtime.
I'll be there.

+1 On the Acton launches.
When I was a kid and we were heading into Boston we'd pass by the fields in Acton and I'd always wish I could fly rockets there. Imagine how excited I was when I found CMASS and learned that the field I had always wanted to fly on was one of their launch sites:drool:

I too enjoy HPR but have WAY more LPR/MPR rockets. I have a bunch of newly built LPR rockets just begging for some airtime.
I'll be there.

And I recently realized I spent all winter building nothing but LPR. Just need to add a few coats of paint, and I'll have a much bigger (in number) fleet.

The weather looks like it will become less desirable as the day goes along. As Acton doesn't allow rain dates or refunds, we will be setting up at about 9 AM and flying as long as we can.
This could mean an early debriefing session as some local restaurant.

We're up against the same weather issues as you guys. I'll post tomorrow once we make the go/no-go decision.

I do hope it holds off at least for a bit. I'm catching a ride with my friend Joe, so I'm not sure what time I'll be there, but if you need a break from LCO duty at some point, I can sit in. Not going to sign up officially since I don't know what time I'll get there, but I'll check with you when I arrive to see how you're doing.

I hope that Quest Superbird of yours will make it.

RIMRA is a go. It looks like the weather might actually cooperate. This will likely be a small launch, so Jason may get more business with you guys. I'll email him to see what he thinks. If he can't decide, I'll arm wrestle Kenn for it.

RIMRA is a go. It looks like the weather might actually cooperate. This will likely be a small launch, so Jason may get more business with you guys. I'll email him to see what he thinks. If he can't decide, I'll arm wrestle Kenn for it.

As I'm basically non-violent, I'll let Jason make the decision. We'll be back in Acton in two weeks and, like your alternate field this weekend, it's a small launch site where people would only stock up on on the CTI stuff. We usually do get some new guests stopping by so there's always a chance of getting rid of some starter supplies. :confused:

Back