CMASS 24 August Launch - Acton, MA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Our next club launch is coming up on 24 August in Acton. It will be our last visit to the Acton School Street Fields this year. After this, the field reverts to cricket swarms on Saturdays and Sundays (and whenever else they have scheduled to bat at their googlies and doorsas).

As is our custom, set up will begin about 9:30 and flying will commence when we are set to go. The day will end at 4 PM. If you can help out setting up or breaking down, please do so; you get a much better feeling of flying satisfaction if you pitch in. Also, any NAR members who want to, can volunteer for a shift or two at Launch Control or Safety Check - use the sign-up sheet to reserve your spot.

There will be a debriefing meal at a local restaurant immediately following the loading of the trailer.

Remember, Acton is a small field so chose your rocket/motor combination for the conditions when you launch to ensure you get your rocket back. High power motors are not allowed. We don't get a make-up day if the weather is bad so keep an eye on the home page for any last minute cancellations. We now have a better set up for less than ideal weather conditions (Thanks, Guy) so, unless it is forecast to make flights impossible, we'll put something up in the air and hit the restaurant early.

Signed up for LCO. Or, you know, can also do safety check if needed. As long as I can launch a few rockets, I can step in when needed.

Back