CMASS 04 November 2018 Launch - Amesbury, MA - Rescheduled from 03 Nov

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Our next scheduled launch is on the 3rd 4th of November at the Woodsom Farm field in Amesbury. Let's hope for weather conditions that will allow some HPR flying.

The soccer crowd won't be using the field so there should be plenty of easy parking. It would be great if we could have someone volunteer their car/van/SUV for shuttle use. Volunteers for driving, safety check, food service and LCO are always welcome.

With Fliskits out of business and Robert and Gloria out west, we'll likely have no vendor on the field. See the forum thread on our site for ordering motors for the next few launches.

Check out this page for directions and parking information and this page for on-field etiquette. Use this page to sign up for volunteer duty at the launch.

Let us know what you'll be flying.

Just a heads-up for the last launch of the season on 17 November; we'll include a night launch as a joint effort with NORG. Put some bright lights on a rocket and join us or just hang around to get inspired to make a lighted rocket for next year's NORG launches.

Last edited:
I hope to show up to this one, but I definitely want to be at the last one for the night launch. Going to depend a bit on the family situation, and the weather. I checked today and it said rain, but this is New England, so predicting things more than a day out seems iffy. I'll keep my eyes out on this forum and the website. I don't want to sign up for anything in case I can't make it, but if I'm there, I can always step in for an hour or so at the LCO/Safety Check area to give people a break.

Due to poor weather conditions predicted for Saturday, the launch is being postponed until Sunday the 4th. Remember, Daylight Saving Time ends Saturday night/Sunday morning; set your clocks back or you might show up early enough to help set up the range.

This also gives everybody an extra day to sign up for the various volunteer duties. It would also be a big help if we could have someone volunteer their vehicle for the shuttle service.

Sunday was a much better day with no rain and clear, blue skies. The wind was stronger than predicted all day until about the last half-hour, after most people had left, of course. We had a big group of Cub Scouts flying dozens of Gnomes which helped push us to 219 launches.

Our last launch of the season will be on the 17th of November with a night launch to end the day.

I saw Jim's pictures on FB and was sorry I couldn't make it. Looked like a good time.

I plan to be in Maine next week and Amesbury the week after. Here's hoping the weather forecast stays as good as my app was telling me today!

Back