Clustering the Classics...(More Power Tim!)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'm working on the 4-D Interceptor, I thought you guys might like to see how the 4D Ultra Orbital Transport was Rebuilt after a faulty ejection baffle clogged and destroyed the Transport. I ended up buying a 24inch long 1/4" drill bit to reach the baffle, but got it drilled out. saved the body below the built-in crumple zone, and didn't loose a wing, even with only epoxy rivit joints. No thur the wall wings, fins or other attachments, just standard BT-80, .013" wall tube, with BT-60 stuffer, and 1/16" hole epoxy rivits.

Since building a 3- 18mm stormcaster(renamed stormcluster), I am building a scratch build 3-24mm rocket and have plans on making 3 diferent Gemini DC clusters(3-18mm ground started, 1-24mm graund started w/ 2-18mm airstarted, and 2-18mm w/ rear ejection chute in the center). Also plan on building dueces wild w/ 4 engines(don't think it will be as cool to watch fly as the original but I figure it is worth a try).

There's a pic of the 4 motor micor maxx powerd "micro-Ranger" downscale. If flew great at out last night launch illuminated by Leds powerd by a 3V lithium battery..I missed the lift-off only got a smoke trail with the digital...just haven't got the hang of the delay yet:(

Back