Clustered Executioner

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
Well guys I got bored agian and I just couldnt help it. This is my newest addition to my fleet

Very nice. You can fly it as a two or four cluster. What did you have to pay for the Executioner? If I am recalling correctly, at my local HL it cost around $35.00. I'm reluctant to pay $17.50 even during the 1/2 price sales, even though I do like the rocket. I guess I would pay $15.00, though; if they put it on clearance. :)

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Well guys I got bored agian and I just couldnt help it. This is my newest addition to my fleet
having owned one i can tell you it's only worth like 12 bux it's sort of cheap. it's not one of my favorites but it's okay

I coated the inside with epoxy for a little extra strength but i didnt use the stock mmt i orderd a stick of LOC brand its alot thicker for added strenght. I did get this kit at the 50% off H.L.

Very nice Bowhunter. :) It is going to go great off the pad :) When's the 38mm upscale coming with the 4 engine cluster?

Edward

darian: thats what I did...I waited for a Hobby Lobby 50% off sale and got 2 for about $32......

bowhunter: cool, the only thing I would have done differently was make the cluster engine mount removable and repaceable so I could use 2/3/4 engine clusters of various engines. The Executioner is a reasonably priced large model that you can do a lot with......

Thanks but could someone rocsim it and give me a good idea what to expect plezzzz

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Thanks but could someone rocsim it and give me a good idea what to expect plezzzz
Somewhere in the range of 1500 on D12-5's and 1600 on E9-6's.

shes ready to go ill get it painted this week and to the launch pad she gose ill get pics I promise

Originally posted by shockwaveriderz
bowhunter: cool, the only thing I would have done differently was make the cluster engine mount removable and repaceable so I could use 2/3/4 engine clusters of various engines. The Executioner is a reasonably priced large model that you can do a lot with......

Shockie B, What procedure do you use for making the cluster engine mounts removable? I checked at Michael's this morning & they still have 3 Big Daddys on clearance for $12.00 each. I was considering buying several more for various modifications, but the interchangable engine mounts might be the way to go, if it's a fairly easy procedure.

*Just realized that this is not possible with TTW fins :eek:

Originally posted by Stones
Somewhere in the range of 1500 on D12-5's and 1600 on E9-6's.
Wow, only 100 ft difference. I would have expected more from the E's. (Guess they are a bit heavier)

I got almost 1000' on D12s and 1700' on E9s. I little over 500' on C11s.

Disclaimer: I haven't had RockSim for too long so I could very well be wrong.

bmhiii

darian:

well first you have to decide what cluster combinations you want for your model.

For example, the Executioner Bt-80 body tube can hold (3) 29mm body tubes(LOC 29mm) if you wanted a 3 engine 29mm cluster (E,F,G.even H),BT-50 body tubes so you could also do a 4 engine D12 or E9 cluster or you could also just do a (2) 29mm and a (2) 24mm engine mount..You can also have individual 19 or 24mm motor mounts too ....

SO for eaach motor mount you will need a fore and aft centering ring, motor tubes, and oprionally a coupler that fits in the BT-80 .

You can glue inside the bottom of the body tube a bt-80 coupler at whatever distnace from the aft end of the body as you like. to act asa forward engine block ring....you can then use bt-80 couplers cut to whatever length you might need depending on cluster motor mount you desire to use.

To hold the motor mounts in, you can use piano wire with small hooks on the ends to hold it in place....you could get fancy and have a forward bulkhead with a bolt glued to the center and that way you could just screw in each motor mount asssembly....

heres a link to the drawing I made.....just substitute the motor mounts with the commentst from above....

https://www.rocketryforum.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=70740

The trick is to glue the internal coupler engine block at the diatnace where you want the upper cenetering ring on the motor mount it self will butt up against.

and heres the thread for more info:
Exchangable Motor Mounts

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6841

Bowhunter,
That thing will be gettin' with it. I flew a scratch built Executioner with a 3 engine cluster the other day. (I flew it on 3 D-12's) I was impressed. Throw in another motor or four E's...that thing will be flat out bookin!!! You are gonna love it!
Make sure you post the flight!

Back