Cluster motor launch controller

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC1

Reaction score
Is there a commercially available launch controller capable of firing 3 or more estes B/C/D engines?

Also ideally not ridiculously expensive? :)

I have one of the QuickBurst relay launch controllers. I made a box to take the one input and turn it into 8 igniter whips. Worked great off using a 3S lipo as a battery. I've done 8 cluster group launches that were a mix of old copperhead igniters and estes igniters and they worked great. Everything lit with 1-2 seconds of each other.

I'll post some pics of the box when I get home.

Ah brilliant thanks, I've built something similar, but was wondering if there was one i could buy aswell.

Please share your version though. :)

I used a home built rig with some switches, a motorcycle battery that had one bad cell, and 50ft of lamp cord going to the clips. I launched 3 & 4 motor clusters of Estes motors all the time. The key isn't the controller so much as the output the battery is capable of. Any available 12V controller that can accept a motorcycle, lawnmower, or similar sized LiPo battery should be enough for Estes clusters all day long.

Back