cluster ignition

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamthemik

Reaction score
what kinds of igniters should i use on two aerotech G's. i want something reliable and am willing to spend a little extra for something that wont fail me. i heard something about daveyfire but i think theres more to them.

Originally posted by iamthemik
what kinds of igniters should i use on two aerotech G's. i want something reliable and am willing to spend a little extra for something that wont fail me. i heard something about daveyfire but i think theres more to them.

I would HIGHLY recommend the Twiggy igniters made by Quickburst. They're $10/10 pack, which makes them cheaper than the Daveyfire ones. My Rocketry Club (at my school) launched a rocket flying on 2x G64s the other day, it the motors lit perfectly!

If you would like to see a neat video of the launch, then go to
https://www.greenhill.org/
-then click on 'Nov.11 Rocket Launch' in the 'Greenhill Media Center' box

I really need to convince my science teacher to start a rocketry club at our school. That is awesome. Great launch. What altitude were you expecting on that flight?

Originally posted by cjl
I really need to convince my science teacher to start a rocketry club at our school. That is awesome. Great launch. What altitude were you expecting on that flight?

We were expecting about 1300', but it didn't go near that high because of the high winds. When I started the Rocketry Club at my school, all I did was write a proposal for the dean of students, and found a teacher sponsor for the club.

I definitely think I'll do theat. Maybe we can get it together in time for an end-of-the-year launch. We could start with some estes stuff and work up to something big (PML, Aerotch, LOC, something like that).

Originally posted by cjl
I definitely think I'll do theat. Maybe we can get it together in time for an end-of-the-year launch. We could start with some estes stuff and work up to something big (PML, Aerotch, LOC, something like that).

If you're looking for something big, I would recommend a scratch built rocket. The one we launched at Veteran's Day cost no more than $30 (we made the rings and fins, the most expensive part was the $17 nose cone, and the tubes were about $5 each from Red Arrow Hobbies) and it was 3.9" wide, and 7 feet tall! It was DEFINETLEY a fun build!

Back