Cluster G Impulse Altitude record

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n27sb

N27SB
Reaction score
Set a Tripoli record today for Cluster Rockets in total impulse G 160 ns or less at TTRA in Plant City, Fl
Rocket was powered by 3 AT F42 T motors. 158.7 ns total
38" tall and 2.5 in dia. ready to fly weight was 750 grams. All 3 motors lit.
Altitude 2161'EDF4349A-4CB3-4BA9-95D0-C4D0E5D280CA.jpegF545C797-97C8-4056-BAD4-A9428A719969.jpeg

Last edited:
Congratulations.
l complained to the records committee for years that there were cluster records but no posted rules. Whine long enough and they put you on the committee!

Mark

Congratulations.
l complained to the records committee for years that there were cluster records but no posted rules. Whine long enough and they put you on the committee!
I just looked through the changes - nice to see some clarifications in there. Also....Million Feet Award! It's time to start logging for that one.

I just used the regular igniters that come with the AT motors. All wired in parallel with a good hot 12v system.
I used about 3' of 18g twisted pair as the leader , connected to the clips. I scraped the clips well to clean them up. lightly taped the rocket end of the leader to the fin. This allows for a foot or so of liftoff before the wires pulled
off. Sorry no picture.

There was not one.
They accepted my submission but have not posted it yet.
Notice that it almost beat the H record.

I was ready to launch Trident this weekend but weather was not good.
It was a G cluster that would exceed 3K.

I can load it with a total of H but it might exceed our waiver.
I will see how it does on the G first.

Wow, super impressive, I missed that. Subscribed now.

Congratulations again on the record.
I cannot find the page you have copied..I’m on the records committee, you would think I could locate it.
Could you post a link to the page.

Back