Clear Skies from NoVA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kdogz

Reaction score
Greetings,
from Northern Virginia. I enjoyed launching rockets in my youth and always lost more than I recovered. I began building again to share the experience with my grandkids. I have ended up launching for one of my grand sons school group of close to 100 students to close out a space module they were learning, and a second time for about 15 students. I can't say this is just " for the kids" anymore as I am enjoying the process of taking my time with new builds. I have looked at the nearest Tripoli and NAR groups but haven't joined yet.
Cheers!
Ken

Lots of good clubs, not least of them MDRA, available in your area. Lots of mentorship opportunities, too, for any questions that you may have that need eyes-on to get something proper.

If you want to see a major launch, you're in luck; MDRA just posted Red Glare dates 31 Mar-2 Apr. Come have fun!

Way cool - 100 kids might make me nervous! Hope all went well.
It did, started off with some "3 Bandits" Estes kits with 1/2 A3 then A3s to keep everything low where deployment could be seen and recovery was quick. Then onto some B & C motors for some higher flights in other kits.

Greetings,
from Northern Virginia. I enjoyed launching rockets in my youth and always lost more than I recovered. I began building again to share the experience with my grandkids. I have ended up launching for one of my grand sons school group of close to 100 students to close out a space module they were learning, and a second time for about 15 students. I can't say this is just " for the kids" anymore as I am enjoying the process of taking my time with new builds. I have looked at the nearest Tripoli and NAR groups but haven't joined yet.
Cheers!
Ken
Welcome!

The million dollar question though: have you got any pictures to share?

Back