Clear plastic fins?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JStarStar

Reaction score
Does anybody know of any commercially available clear plastic removable fincans for standard tube sizes (ie. BT-20, 50, 60, 70, 80, 101)?

I'm a complete butcher at trying to make those things myself, I'd go crazy if there were commercially-available units available.

:rolleyes:

Im not sure if this is what your after but you could make clear fins from say . 1.5mm/2mm Polycarbonate? The plastic that RC Car bodyshells are made from. And most of the 'custom' bodys come un-painted *clear* and would be perfect for what your looking for.
Im not sure if there is a plastic fincan available anywere unless people have made a total Polycarbonate version . Im not sure if plastic can be molded completley clear , If there is a plastic one , it might have a slight haze to it.......:confused:
Karl

I know there is an OOP Estes kit that had a removable clear plastic fin unit that snapped off when not in use. When you wanted to launch, you snapped it back on and bingo.

Forget which kit it was, but...

I suppose rigging up some deal where you had clear plastic fins mounted on dowels might work.... :rolleyes:

Theres the Estes Phantom that is completley clear , clear ;
Nosecone
Bodytube
Fins
MMT

But I dont remeber the fins clicking in and out of place . But the Phantom is just designed for a display item & not flyable without a few modifications.
Karl

Originally posted by Karl
Im not sure if this is what your after but you could make clear fins from say . 1.5mm/2mm Polycarbonate? The plastic that RC Car bodyshells are made from. And most of the 'custom' bodys come un-painted *clear* and would be perfect for what your looking for.
Im not sure if there is a plastic fincan available anywere unless people have made a total Polycarbonate version . Im not sure if plastic can be molded completley clear , If there is a plastic one , it might have a slight haze to it.......:confused:
Karl

I think they're made of Lexan.

Back