Clear body tubes, where can I get some?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Selene

Roving Rocketeer
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get clear body tubes in standard sizes? I want to build some rockets for the NARAM night launch.

TIA!

Adam,
I read your request and I smelled Naram 51 Night launch before I opened it.
I've read before but have never used myself that you could use flourescent Light safety covers Available from Mcmaster Carr or Grainger.
I too am working/thinking about a creative night launch project.
Much more thinking than building.
Cornyl

I got some of the flourescent light covers from the local hardware store, so you could try there. Typical size is 1.5".

SEMROC has clear plastic tubes in BT-20, BT-50, and BT-55 sizes, IIRC. I couldn't get SEMROC to come up on the computer I am on.

Chas

nearly all my Night Flying models are built from Various size Clear Polyethylene Mailing tubes.
I get mine from McMaster-Carr but I'm sure the same sizes are available from just about any Packaging/shipping store.
Most are not exact match sizes to our Standard paper body tubes but close enough that a little tweeking makes them work great.
Check out the McMaster Catalog #2044T41,42,43,44,46,48,49,51 & T52.
2044T52 is the largest available 2.55"ID with a .028" wall give an OD of 2.606" As nearly a perfect match for 2.6" BT-80s as your gonna find. All come in 48" long sections as well.

There are also some colored T8 and T12 Lamp covers that work pretty well for BT-60 body models. don't have the cat. numbers handy but the come in amber,yellow red and green;)

Heres a couple examples. I unfortunately won't be making Naram-51, but the Phantom NITE Nike-Apache will be there, Hopefully to be flown by the NIGHT Launch RSO.

Back