Quantcast

Clear body tubes, where can I get some?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Adam Selene

Roving Rocketeer
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get clear body tubes in standard sizes? I want to build some rockets for the NARAM night launch.

TIA!

cornyl

Reaction score
Adam,
I read your request and I smelled Naram 51 Night launch before I opened it.
I've read before but have never used myself that you could use flourescent Light safety covers Available from Mcmaster Carr or Grainger.
I too am working/thinking about a creative night launch project.
Much more thinking than building.
Cornyl

falingtrea

Reaction score
I got some of the flourescent light covers from the local hardware store, so you could try there. Typical size is 1.5".

Buzzard

Reaction score
SEMROC has clear plastic tubes in BT-20, BT-50, and BT-55 sizes, IIRC. I couldn't get SEMROC to come up on the computer I am on.

Chas

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
nearly all my Night Flying models are built from Various size Clear Polyethylene Mailing tubes.
I get mine from McMaster-Carr but I'm sure the same sizes are available from just about any Packaging/shipping store.
Most are not exact match sizes to our Standard paper body tubes but close enough that a little tweeking makes them work great.
Check out the McMaster Catalog #2044T41,42,43,44,46,48,49,51 & T52.
2044T52 is the largest available 2.55"ID with a .028" wall give an OD of 2.606" As nearly a perfect match for 2.6" BT-80s as your gonna find. All come in 48" long sections as well.

There are also some colored T8 and T12 Lamp covers that work pretty well for BT-60 body models. don't have the cat. numbers handy but the come in amber,yellow red and green;)

Heres a couple examples. I unfortunately won't be making Naram-51, but the Phantom NITE Nike-Apache will be there, Hopefully to be flown by the NIGHT Launch RSO.