3D Printing Cleaning your bed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I have several printers and multiple types of beds. I have found success with two methods:

1. Soap such as dawn dishwashing liquid: Dawn Dishwashing liquid.
2. Isopropyl alcohol.

I wash my bed with IPA after every print and once a week with Dawn. I do this even with the glass bed.

Does this help with adhesion? I’ve been having an awful time with bed adhesion though I suspect it may be the particular spool of filament I’m using.

I’ve cleaned the glass bed with Dawn and VERY hot water. IPA is in short supply. I’m reserving what I have left for medical uses until I can get more.

I have Prusa PEI coated spring steel sheets. I wipe down with IPA before each use. I’ve not needed to wash with dish soap yet as the printer is fairly new - about 1kg of PLA through it so far.

I have Prusa PEI coated spring steel sheets. I wipe down with IPA before each use. I’ve not needed to wash with dish soap yet as the printer is fairly new - about 1kg of PLA through it so far.

I did not need it either. As the bed ages, scrubbing the bed once a week with a normal sponge and dawn will allow you lengthen it’s life. I have one that is nearly 2 years old and it is still sticking. It did fail for while and dawn revived it.

Back