Class I motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brainy19

Reaction score
All,

Does anyone know of any stores in Southern California that sells high-powered motors, Class I for example?
I'd rather not buy online, due to the HAZMAT shipping charges...

Are you looking for class 1 (one) motors or "I" class motors?-makes a difference. Single use or reloads? Cesaroni or Aerotech? If you are in San Diego, we order from Wildman West for CTI and get them delivered at Holtville (our launch site). All CTI have a HazMat fee. For Aerotech, mostly we'll order from Balsa Machining Supply (BMS) as a lead time item and save a bunch doing that-we can get orders divided amongst ourselves, so the HazMat effectively disappears. If you fly at the lower end, look into the Hobbyline (40-120) list of reloads OR you could get your rocket launchin' butt to Lucern (google 'Rocketry of California') for a larger launch, say, ROCtober or ROCstock and visit the vendors there. There are a few "E" and "F" motors at Hobby Lobby-google the one closest to you. know of only one hobby shop in San Diego that sells G-80's but stocking is 'variable'. Reloads really do give you more flexibility and bang for your buck if you fly enough to amortise the cases. Straight smoke and good chutes, brother!

I think you're in Pomona? If so you're probably launching at ROC in Lucerne. Order from Wildman West and pick up at the launch. No HAZ fee. Same if you're launching at Holtville. If you're launching at FAR, I don't know what the options are. Maybe someone who knows can chime in if FAR is your spot.

Cant ship Loki to California. Can a consumer still fly there? I dont see how they can control use.Just curious.

Cant ship Loki to California. Can a consumer still fly there? I dont see how they can control use.Just curious.

I do not believe Loki can be purchased or flown legally in California. The CSFM stamp is needed.

I think you're in Pomona? If so you're probably launching at ROC in Lucerne. Order from Wildman West and pick up at the launch. No HAZ fee. Same if you're launching at Holtville. If you're launching at FAR, I don't know what the options are. Maybe someone who knows can chime in if FAR is your spot.

I think Wildman West can do special delivery to FAR, but traditionally FAR is bring your own / build your own.

Latest posts

Back