Class-1 Sugar Motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shimomu

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently have been interested in making sugar motors equivalent to C-E motors by myself and using it for smaller rockets.
The FAA stipulates that rockets using less than 125 grams of propellants and satisfy some other requirements are considered as Class-1 and do not require federal approvals. Does the same rule apply for rockets using sugar motor? In addition, what are included in "breakable plastic"?

Hi,
I recently have been interested in making sugar motors equivalent to C-E motors by myself and using it for smaller rockets.
The FAA stipulates that rockets using less than 125 grams of propellants and satisfy some other requirements are considered as Class-1 and do not require federal approvals. Does the same rule apply for rockets using sugar motor? In addition, what are included in "breakable plastic"?
PVC is a no no.

Hi,
Breakable plastics refers to casings.
RCS sells casings and nozzles, which will save you enormous amounts of time compared to building them.

Back