Cincinnati here

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be sure to post up pictures of your rockets for us.:)
I will for sure, have a lot of projects. The first of which will be several Japanese type 91 torpedoes. Our radio control club has a circus every year and one act is a recreation Pearl Harbor attack. Couple of us are building "Kate" dive bombers and we are going to release the torpedoes. I need to find someone to create the files so I can print the nose and tail cones. I am going to use BT70 tube for these. They are pretty big.

Hello Cincinnati,

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to Rocketry. Are you from Ohio, by any chance or is that a nickname or what? Just wondering. There are clubs to join in Ohio and many other places. About any club you go to, you'll find many hands on help in catching up. And if you were around back then, maybe some old friends still around....and certainly some new ones to meet.

Amatuer rocketry, and certainly High Power Rocketry has changed a great deal in the last 30 years. Sounds like you left about when I started high power. Wow, the hobby has really changed in the last 3 decades.

If you were from Ohio 30 years ago and flying rockets, did you know Ross Dutton with Magnum Rocketry? He was the biggest high power rocketry dealer around back in the day and he was based out of Mechanicsburg, OH. He drove to launches all thru the Mid West, and further, selling rocket goodies to us addicts. I became one of his regulars. He got badly swindled and dropped out for a long time. I've only seen him maybe 2 or 3 times in the last 20 years. Anybody else seen Ross lately?

Anyhow, you're on TRF, a great place to catch up.

Do you have questions? There are lots of people here with all sorts of answers. Some good, some.........? Well, you'll have to make up your own mind on that one. LOL!

Anyhow. Welcome back. Come on over and we can talk a while. Of course I'm in Western Illinois and if you're in Ohio, the trip's going to be tough for the next week or so with the blizzard coming. But the invitation is open. Come fly with us at the Quad Cities Rocketry Club. You can find us by looking for Mid-West Power (Fall) or Mini-Mid-West Power (Spring), our two biggest yearly launches.

99% of the time...Keep the Pointy End Up!

Brad, the "Rocket Rev.," Wilson

Welcome back to the hobby. I am in dayton and fly with Wright Stuff Rocketeers and Tripoli Mid ohio, both sites are cedarville/springfield area. WSR has a 11700 waiver, and TMO has a 18K waiver. Both fields are really good. Hit me up via PM if you want to ask any questions or anything else.

Josh

Welcome back to the hobby. I am in dayton and fly with Wright Stuff Rocketeers and Tripoli Mid ohio, both sites are cedarville/springfield area. WSR has a 11700 waiver, and TMO has a 18K waiver. Both fields are really good. Hit me up via PM if you want to ask any questions or anything else.

Josh

Don't forget ROCI, they fly HPR at the AMA in Muncie IN and even BRS in Elizabethtown KY not to far away. Both of them fly during warm months. BRS flies over sod. Living in Cinci you have lots of opportunity.

Back