Chute Release questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting with production units being assembled next week, Chute Release gets easier-to-push buttons.

Better not be "too" easy to push as in getting jostled inside the rocket turning it off. Any prospect of a CR for a 29mm rocket with smaller chutes? Is it possible? Lord knows
the altimeter detection side can be pretty small. It's the mechanicals that would be challenging. Kurt

Better not be "too" easy to push as in getting jostled inside the rocket turning it off. Any prospect of a CR for a 29mm rocket with smaller chutes? Is it possible? Lord knows
the altimeter detection side can be pretty small. It's the mechanicals that would be challenging. Kurt

I over-did that caution in the first design. Fixed!

Starting with production units being assembled next week, Chute Release gets easier-to-push buttons.

With the abundance of little poker thingys in my range box, and the fact that it takes deliberate action to punch said buttons, I found the 'difficulty' (not) in changing settings a well considered feature, not a failure.

Back