Christmas Wish lists

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketman248

Reaction score
So what are you guys getting for Christmas? What's on your list?

I'm pretty much just getting one thing. The Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom. That is a sweet camera! 10X optical zoom, 4 mega-pixel resolution, and a whole bunch of other goodies.:D

So, what about you?

Well, I will be getting mostly money and buying myself the presents, but I already got a PenCam 2, a Deuce, and a Tres. With the money I will probably be getting a blowgun and some rockets. I think Jim gave me a low production number on purpose, he knows I'm afraid to fly it:p.

My Christmas Wish List has several items on it........ The only rocket related item is a 4 or 5 mega-pixel digital camera.

The thing on top of my list;

To spend as much time with my daughter this christmas break (my plant is shut down for two weeks) as I can, as I have not seen her much this fall and she is growing up soooooo fast.......

I'm hoping for a cordless Dremel, which I'm sure I'll be getting. I was told not to get one today when I go to check out the Lowes sale.
Other items on my list, a PML Endeavor, and money. But, as long as the kids enjoy what we got them, and I get time to enjoy watching and playing with them, I'll be happy.

World Peace.... and end to hunger. Cure for cancer... and polititians that really care about the people....

Oh... and a new pair of boots :D

Nick,

You are going to LOVE that camera. I've had mine since NARAM-45 having talked a friend of mine into it for our trip to alaska a year earlier.

great camera!

I don't have much of a wish list... Looking forward to spending some time with my kids. Joe is in his senior year of college so we never see much of him, and Jen is in her first year. Jen lives at home and commutes, but it *still* seems like we never see her...

Have hopes to get my snowblower fixed...

Hopes for continued growth of FlisKits, of course :)

If I had to but a *gift* on the list, it would be two nights in a hotel someplace deep in the mountains of New Hampshire or Vermont, with a fireplace and *NO* tv... :)

My big present is an 8hp snowblower!! Living in upstate NY, this is a real gift!

Rocketwise, I am getting the Roachwerks 4 pack, a Fliskits ACME Spitfire, A Qmodels Wac Corporal, and a few EBAY items like a Launch Pad Nike Ajax, and an MPC Vostock.

It a good year for rockets!!

I hope to get some PML 6" tubes and a Nosecone to finish up my mission impossible. Also, a Kosdon 38 390 case. I think that is all besides money which I will buy more rocket stuff with ;)

Someone also mentioned PML gift certificates. I might ask for some of those

new computer...

i just ordered $100 more worth of rocket engines and parts

and i already got my $500 camera so im spent lol...

all i want is my lost engines back...

oh and i forgot my clan winning the 32 player server so i dont gotta spend money on gettin them a gift...

also astronoboy, where do you launch your rockets... i live close to the city so its hard to find a good open place but my mom would drive me almost anywhere upstate as long as theres some tour or like museum she can put me through hours of collective hell in...

At the risk of sounding funny...I'd settle for my two front teeth...

Even with insurance, dental work is higher than an "ALPHA" on a"G"......LOL

My Christmas came a little early. At our last rocket launch I lost my 4" BSD Horizon in the trees. This was my first high power rocket, the one I got my Level 1 certification with and which had several upgraded recovery accessories - not to mention my Pro38 motor casing. A friend that lives in the area finally spotted my Horizon hanging high from a tree and had a "tree man" retrieve my baby. It was hanging in the woods for over 3 weeks and got rained and snowed on but, except for a few scratches she is ready to fly again!:D

I got an early Christmas present, a 1/24 Bomarc from Empire Rockets. I also got a digital camera so I can finally get some pics of my fleet posted for you guys. :)

Ron,

Glad to hear that you got a digital camera! You will Love it

The only problem that I have with my digital camera is having to downsize the pictures so that I can post them here:(

I did most of my christmas buying early, Sandman 4pack, Sandman Sat1B, fliskits, ACME Spitfire, Tres, and Long Overdue, Estes Renegade, Quest DC-X, and Semroc LaserX. Not to mention Sandman turned a GREAT nose cone for my winter project. And I think there are a couple of rockets under the tree...

Looks like a really good year, Now if I only have time to build those kits...

Well, I am actually AT my Christmas present right now. HAWAII! (LOL...I need to insert a comment about Hawaii everytime I post something new.) My father was extremely generous with me this year and paid for my way to Hawaii to be with my girlfriend and her family.

Heck, I get to fly the Tour de Deuce over here. If *that* isn't a Christmas present, I don't know what is! :D

I'd like some fresh 3" 'glass tubing to rebuild my BALLS project from last year, only this time it will survive!

I'd also like some AP and assorted chemicals... :)

A new digicam would be nice... I dropped my other one one to many times!

I'd like to get the 4" fiberglass components I ordered before break is over! :cool:

And some other rocket goodies!

Merry Christmas everyone!:)

lets not all forget chanukah and kwanza

and ramadan... yes im a muslim-christian... yes it takes a bit longer for the rockets i order to come here... **** ratial profiling... :D

Wish List:

- Apogee Saturn 1B
- Apogee Aspire
- FlisKits Deuce's Wild
- FlisKits Long Overdue
- Dremel Accessorie Kit
- Micro Scale

- World Peace, etc. etc. etc. :D

OK. Here is what I *THINK* I might be getting... My sister got back from X-mas shopping and she said it was NOT a rocket, so the only other thing she knows I wanted was a BB gun for our new house. I think thats what I am getting from her... My dad might have bought a 24MM reload case for both of us to use, and my dad and I bought a Dremmel tool for my mom which I am going to borrow quite often, ummm... I have been hinting for a LONG time at a Tres Wild. My parents have flat out refused to let me borrow money so I can buy one, the last time something like this happend it turned out they had already bought it. Last time it was a custom longbow. This time a little cheaper... Maybe they did get it. OOOOOHHH.... and I am almost positive Rocsim 7 is sitting under the tree right now!!! I am sooooo exited... I was hunting through the "history" section of our computer, and I noticed that Apogee Components showed up, and I had not been to that site for weeks. under that it had the order page.... I did not further snooping, but that is one of the only thing I wanted from apogee was Rocsim. That is untill they start making F10s and E6s and D3s again.... And of course there is the puppy that is being born any minute now!!! Sometime in the next 3 days!!! Whooooopie!!! They could forget about EVERYTHING else, and just get the puppy and I would be MORE than happy! There is a pooper-scooper with a bow on it under the tree... LOL!!! As well as a crate in the garage, a lot of collars&leashes in a bag in a corner of the living room and a pair of dinner dishes. Now all we need is the dog... Oh, and my mom just got some Catnip for my two cats. They have been attacking the bag it was carried home in for a long time. It is not in there, but the smell stuck. silly things. Now he is crying at the bathroom door.... I wonder why. His litter box is in the UPSTAIRS bathroom... Go figure. maybe the catnip is in there. I will post pics of the Tres if I get one, and if I dont I am going to buy one with the money I just got from my grandparents. I also hope for a few motors. that is a kind of tradition around here. I remember my first pack of ds... Last X-mas. A heavy package, so I had no idea what it was, it was too heavy to be 18MM motors, I know exactly how heavy those feel, so I opend it up and it was some D12-3s! My sister refused to go anywhere near these large motors when they were fired. But now she is not quite as "motor-shy", and she willingly goes to rocket launches (with her boyfriend, who is moderately into rockets. he has my aproval!;) :D :cool: Hes a great guy. Really nice. There is a picture with him in it in Bill Spadafora's pictures of Nov.1 or Nov.22, I forget which. Look for the red-haird guy with the Nintedo shirt on). Man, that was a long post...Happy holidays, and I hope you are not dazed from reading all this!

My sister got back from X-mas shopping and she said it was NOT a rocket, so the only other thing she knows I wanted was a BB gun for our new house. I think thats what I am getting from her

Neil, you'll shoot yer eye out!

sandman

I'm just asking Santa to leave his bills for the kids presents torn up under the tree........Jeeeeeeeees! Talk about make Christmas cheer scarce!

well now that we talked about everything were gonna pray to get for christmas, how bout those things that were gonna get with all the money we get (and the money we make off returns) after xmas :p... im goin for the saturn v.. 100 feet max so i might actually be able to launch it and get it back...

Will not! Ill be carefulll and wear safety glasses, I just bought some at Home Depot. Promise!

Oh, so he was hinting at a movie, not just teasin? HEHE. Ill see if I can rent it sometime. The one I think I am getting is the Red Rider 1938. It holds 650 shots, but you have to pump it between each shot. You cant pepper your target like you would a machine gun, but it still looks cool!

HO...HO...HO...

I have good reason to believe there's a LOC Weasel sitting under the tree. And my mother-in-law gave me a hefty gift certificate to Magnum. So there's a 29/180-240 set and Mini BBX in my near future.:D

We're waiting until after Christmas but my wife & I plan to treat ourselves to a good digital camera...so I can finally post pics for you guys!

Nothing rocketry under the tree for me this year (that I know about). That's only because I have already picked out and bought my "rocket toys" prior. ;)
Picked up an Astrobee D (Aerotech) and a boatload of midpower motors. An extra 29/40-120 case and a 24/40 case. All at considerable savings.

Phil...and everyone else,

"A Christmas Story" is my all time favorite Christmas movie!

It is based on a compilation of short stories written by Jean Shepher (He is also the adult voice of Ralphie and the narrator of the movie)

His compilation is a great bathroom ready each story is only 2 or three pages long. He has stories called "Triple Dog Dare" about the flag pole incident:D . "The Bumpus Hounds", "The Major award" all great stuff too!

The name of the compilation book is called "In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash" by Jean Sheperd.

A great book.

There is a sequal book that also lead to a PBS movie ( same charachters but different people). Not as funny but still good. The PBS movie was called "Ollie Hupnagle's Haven Of Bliss". It's a story about Ralphie's family vacation trip to northern Michigan.

sandman

P.S. Yes, I do have an official Daisy jet action 200 shot range model with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time.

I may get a blowgun with the money i get... thanks for the BG info Neil. I will be going to NM tomorow, so that's another present. Kinda. Then yet another.... another semester of middle school... :rolleyes::(

Latest posts

Back