Christmas in April

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
I made a request to the National Archives for 4 videos and I finally got them today
3 of the videos are Wallops Island Flight Facility and the 4th is a navy video from Point
Magoo in California

2 of the Wallops Videos are of different views of a Black Brant 3 Launch .

The other Wallops Video is of a 3 Fin Black Brant 2 with the b/w roll pattern on the
airframe but no roll pattern on the fins

The Point Magoo video is of the air launched SparoAir 2 sounding rocket, It shows the payload section
as well as other sections and of the assembly of the SparoAir 2. The video did not show the SparoAir 2
version with the b/w roll pattern that I like so much, but what the heck I will take what I can get of
SparoAir 2 videos. BTW I like the white and orange paint scheme of the launching aircraft.

Attached are 3 photos of the SparoAir 2 from the video

Enjoy !!!

SA front.jpgSA on dolly.jpgSA side view.jpg

I am trying to find a way to upload the videos without using YouTube the largest is 230 megs all of the rest are smaller.
I did learn that the holes in the airframe just behind the second stage fins is a separation disk that deforms to allow the
booster motor to detach from the second stage

3D printed a holder to keep my 6 D-cell Maglight next to the driver's seat in the Jeep. Without something to hold it in place it slops around backward and forward.
20230628_201151.jpg

Orderd some LED bulbs on ebay to upgrade most of the incandescent in the Jeep to cool 6k LEDs.

3D printed a holder to keep my 6 D-cell Maglight next to the driver's seat in the Jeep. Without something to hold it in place it slops around backward and forward.

Orderd some LED bulbs on ebay to upgrade most of the incandescent in the Jeep to cool 6k LEDs.

A Jeep? I thought Australians only drove Holdens and Ford Falcons! :D

Had a Pontiac GTO... er Holden Monaro (well at least one with worse body lines, but a nice LS1!) for like 10 years. :)

Back