Christmas goodies!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havoc821

Reaction score
Well, I thought I might share what I got. First, the rocket related items:

Estes Rubicon 1 (This kit is really cool looking, screams cluster but I won't be doing that)
Estes X-Prize
Estes X-Prize Lucky Seven
pack of D12-5s (love that motor)
15min epoxy
Dueces Wild from my girlfriend (she rocks!, I can't believe she remembered me talking about that rocket WAY back!)
NICE dremel tool (my other one sucked) that has one of those flexible extensions so you have more control

It was pretty funny how it was ordered. When she talked to Jim, he thought we were married and tried to disguise the return address by making it like something from rainbow education or something like that. Later did he find out that we aren't married (yet :D ) but I thought it was funny.

Non rocket related items:
GWS E-Starter (my other hopbby I recently got back into was RC planes. Iam flying 3 channel right now and when I get good enough I will use this one as a 4 channel aileron trainer)
3 GWS micro servos
4channel GWS reciever and crystal
15amp GWS Speed Control (GWS has AWESOME planes! can't wait to get the Spitfire!)
rubberband and styrofoam airplanes
$CASH$ ($160)
$20 Walmart giftcard
$20 in Chick Fil A gift certificates (my girlfriend works there so now I have an excuse to go see her! :D )
Bourne Supremacy (spelling?) DVD
CANDY!!!!! and lots of it
a new wallet for storing all of that cash!
shirt

and I think that is about it. It's a lot but that is from 4 different families (parents divorced).

well, I just thought I might share this with you guys! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

P.S. Jim I LOVE the Duece's Wild! I have been wanting that kit for so long! I can't wait to build it! Thanks for creating such an awesome rocket!

also, could somebody please post pics of their Duece's Wild that was painted similar to the way it is on the box showing 4 views, all 90 degrees apart. I am trying to mental;ly picture it but I am having slight difficulty. Thanks!

Originally posted by havoc821

It was pretty funny how it was ordered. When she talked to Jim, he thought we were married and tried to disguise the return address by making it like something from rainbow education or something like that. Later did he find out that we aren't married (yet :D ) but I thought it was funny.

well, i try to help with the lables like that... LOL what do i know?? LOL

P.S. Jim I LOVE the Duece's Wild! I have been wanting that kit for so long! I can't wait to build it! Thanks for creating such an awesome rocket!

you're going to love it :) as for the painting, you can get the slanted color scheme by using the attached mask when painting your rocket. I recommend that you paint the yellow first (lighter colors first) then when completely dry, use this mask to paint the blue.

have fun!
jim

COOL! :D That is exactly what I need! Thanks!!!! Another thing I like about the kit is that you cut out your own fins. I sometimes get bored with kits because they are too easy. This makes it even more fun to build! Awesome kit! I will definatly be ordering me another as well as one for the Mrs. and probably a Tres too! Thank You! Merry Christmas!

Back