Chris Cornell

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I'll admit that normally I see the RIP threads and shrug as I'm from a different generation than many on here. However, THE front man of my youth took his own life last night. I was the guy who would argue, and still will, that Soundgarden was the musical height of the entire grunge period, and it was largely due to the Chris and his epic range and true vocal ability. His second act with Tom, Brad and Tim was pretty awesome during my college years too.

Thanks Chris, for someone I don't know, I will genuinely miss you. :sigh:

Ironic .... Especially after he did "Temple Of The Dog"

"He hurt so bad like a soul breaking
But he never said nothing to me
So say hello to heaven"

TOTD was a tribute to Mother Love Bone's ....Andrew Woods

The last song he sung on his set was "In My Tine of Dying" by Led Zepplin. Maybe it was his way of saying goodbye.

"If something was wrong, he didn’t show it. He seemed to be genuinely excited to be performing in Detroit," the concertgoer said.
Cornell ended the set with a cover of Led Zeppelin’s "In My Time of Dying," CNN reported.
"In my time of dying, I want nobody to mourn/All I want for you to do is take my body home," Cornell sung.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/chris-cornell-was-in-great-spirits-shortly-before-his-death-friends-say-its-a-complete-shock/ar-BBBhblF?ocid=spartanntp

That guy was an og vocalist. This makes me sad, I grew up on the later end of grunge.

BTW, "in My Time Of Dying" is a traditional, no writer acknowledged blues/gospel song. Zep covered it but it was not a Page/Plant song.

Back