Choices Choices (18/20, 24/40, 29/40-120)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwardw

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am looking for a smaller reloadable motor. I plan on using the casing and testing my different KNO3/Sugar propellant combinations in it. I have looked at the 18/20, 24,40 and 29/40-120. I really like the look of the 29/40-120 because it is only $8 more than the 18/20 case. Any other advantages? Anyone know of good places to order them?

Edward

Performance Hobbies had :D at least one 29/40-120 in stock this morning. Several vendors say they are expecting a shipment in the next couple of days.

Check with Ross at Magnum Rockets...he had some of each in stock last time I checked. www.magnumrockets.com or call him at 937-834-3306...

...omg, I just typed in that number from memory...I am scared now! ;)

Carl

RSrocketry has some also. He had been selling some on ROL. I won one of his 24/40 motors for less than he's selling them for on his website. I think he has the 29-40/120 motor for 39.95 or ten dollars higher than the 18/20........Larry

Do you think $98 is a good deal for all three casings? (18/20,24/40 and 29/40-120)

Edwardw,

I would recomend that you buy what ever the best deal you can find, cause they are about the most versatile cases on the market.

I don't own the 18/20 casing, but I have (2) ea. of the 24/40 and the 29/40-120 casings, and I make loads for both of them using casting supplies purchased from RCS. They make great single grain E and F Kn/Dx or Kn/Sb reloads.

When you attend local launches, ask everyone that flies the reloadables to save there used nozzles for ya, as they are great for "Candy" re-useables.

Originally posted by CTulanko

Carl

I thought he was on your speed dial...

$98 is a fabulous price for all three casings - get them quick! You will not be disappointed with them.

Loopy

Originally posted by CTulanko

Carl

I have his number in my speed dial :D

"Ross! Quick! Send Me Some J350!'s"

He doesn't even need to ask my address...

Back