China Post screws up again...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I recently went on a two week tour of China w/my Mom (through Road Scholar (Excellent!)). However, my ticket from Shanghai to Yantai were on my own. I ordered them online weeks before my departure, along with a physical copy so I'd have them with me. My mom arrived, the tickets didn't. Fortunately, my guide was able to help me get the E tickets, and I got back without any problem.

My physical ticket arrived yesterday... Three days after I needed it. They even had "Express Service" stamped on them. :facepalm:

Don't they have the oldest postal system in the world? Maybe it's time to upgrade, get rid of the donkeys ;)

I recently went on a two week tour of China w/my Mom (through Road Scholar (Excellent!)). However, my ticket from Shanghai to Yantai were on my own. I ordered them online weeks before my departure, along with a physical copy so I'd have them with me. My mom arrived, the tickets didn't. Fortunately, my guide was able to help me get the E tickets, and I got back without any problem.

My physical ticket arrived yesterday... Three days after I needed it. They even had "Express Service" stamped on them. :facepalm:

China - They're going to the moon right?

China - They're going to the moon right?

And thusly have nothing to spend on their Postal Services.
They will have a Military Moon Base established with occupants by 2025 or sooner if I remember correctly.
They have what it takes to be a real nation.
In the Army, one of the first things they taught us in basic training was that if we engaged China in actual symmetrical warfare, we would lose.
When I first joined, there was hope, but our military quickly became a bunch of "Joined for the college money" and "But I want to be ME" folks, so nowadays, we probably would not even get into the fight in the first place, let alone lose with dignity and honor.
China sucks. Get the hell out of there.
What did you expect?
You are obviously a talented individual, so apply your talents where they would not only be appreciated, but where you could be comfortable too.
Some little person in some shipping room somewhere is going to try to become a big person by reporting you to the powers that be there, for the things you would like to use for hobbycraft, and they will just put you in a prison cell or worse, and all because you wanted some super glue, epoxy, or an undamaged tube intended for rocketry purposes.
It's great that you teach folks something and are open to cultural enrichment, but maybe it's time to come home if you want to play rockets too.

Yeah, it's not like the Chinese invented rockets or anything....

They also gave us Sun Tzu, one of my heroes. I have no issue with the people, but I think that it would be incredibly easy over there as an American to find yourself in a vulnerable position when discussing things like their shipping regulations in regards to rockets and the chemicals used to make the rockets
I guess I'm just the cautious and paraniod type.
I'm sure K' has his papers in order and is fine, but sometimes you get some local that's runnin' a racket, and has a thing against Americans.
It happens everywhere you go, not just China. Maybe things are very modern and civilized there now, but we think the same of ourselves, and yet look at all the violence and hatred right here in America! The whole planet has become a Warzone.

I've never had a problem with China Post. Even though I've never ordered anything by their express mail, I usually get shipments within a few days.

They also gave us Sun Tzu, one of my heroes. I have no issue with the people, but I think that it would be incredibly easy over there as an American to find yourself in a vulnerable position when discussing things like their shipping regulations in regards to rockets and the chemicals used to make the rockets
I guess I'm just the cautious and paraniod type.
I'm sure K' has his papers in order and is fine, but sometimes you get some local that's runnin' a racket, and has a thing against Americans.
It happens everywhere you go, not just China. Maybe things are very modern and civilized there now, but we think the same of ourselves, and yet look at all the violence and hatred right here in America! The whole planet has become a Warzone.

Top, I agree largely with what you have to say here except for the end part. The whole planet has always been a big ass war zone. Always and forever. Likely always will be- it is human nature.

Cave man #1) Eats kill and is happy
Cave man #2) Can't throw a stone good, kills came man #1, eats his kill.
Cave man #3) Kills cave man #2, takes his wife
Cave man #4, Kills cave man #3, takes wife and his cave.
And on, & on, & on....

Top, I agree largely with what you have to say here except for the end part. The whole planet has always been a big ass war zone. Always and forever. Likely always will be- it is human nature.

It doesn't get any better over there. My son has been there for 5 years. The Ex-pats have a saying: It's life-on the 'hard' setting!

Back