Chester's Cheeto Chaser #3 Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! I am glad it had a good flight. Where is Brothers?

Awesome! I am glad it had a good flight. Where is Brothers?

Brothers is in Central Oregon. They call it a High Desert area. The soil is made up mostly of pumice with few big rocks at the launch site, which is nice for hard landings. It is also about 40 miles from any major population centers. It is the only place in Oregon where you can launch really big motors as they have a 30,000' waiver (too bad you start at 5000').

Friday was EX day, so there wasn't a whole lot of people or flights, but there were a couple of good ones including this 75mm minimum diameter rocket. It was a hand made carbon fiber and aluminum rocket going up on an AMW "Red Rhino" M. It had CO2 dual deployment and everything functioned perfectly. The projected altitude was 21,000' above ground level, but we had to leave when they were going to retrieve the rocket.

rocket.jpg

I have finally gotten back into rocketry after a short hiatus (about six years - I am now the proud father of a six-year-old son, Clifford, and a four-year-old daughter, Clara) so I thought I would bump my last High-Power build. Chester's Cheeto Chaser #4 is now in the planning stages, along with two or three other HPR rockets!

Rocketfeller, the fit and finish on that rocket is just incredible. Well done mate!

I got to see CCCII fly at Sheridan Oregon (where I flew OFFl to get my L1). That was a Cool rocket!

Very Imaginative!!!

Back