Cherokee D At a glance scale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fixed the stickers and put some clear on and found out there is some steel wool dust in my clear so tomorrow it will be removed polished and re-clear coated. I does look nice with a redder sticker set.

LG~

Attachments

• IMG_20201023_213642.jpg
    IMG_20201023_213642.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 33
This project is nearly complete and the build is extremely gratifying and rewarding. Building from scratch with mostly scrap is difficult because the materials are not optimal for rocketry and need more work and time to finish. My rocket has flaws and does not matter its not a show bird and will be dinged when flown.

LG~

I really like this rocket, looks cool!!! The first photo makes it look short and fat, WTF!

LG~

Attachments

• IMG_20201023_224537.jpg
    IMG_20201023_224537.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20201023_223925.jpg
    IMG_20201023_223925.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 50
Done nothing on this today. I had to get things ready for winter and rescue Big Daddy from a tree.

LG~

Attachments

• IMG_20201025_100029.jpg
    IMG_20201025_100029.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20201025_154957.jpg
    IMG_20201025_154957.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 23
I enjoyed reading through this build thread. Good looking, and good launch!

Wow! Very interesting what you've done, and it's a good looking model of the Cherokee. I myself just finished building a clone of the Cherokee D to original specs. It's overall length is just about 22". I used a Semroc motor mount, and decals, and a Semroc balsa nose cone (to give it an old school look). On it's maiden flight, it's a little scooter! On a D12-5 it moves like a scared jack rabbit and goes as high as my Cherokee E does on a E12! I love the Cherokee's, they're sexy.

Attachments

• cherokee-d_01.jpg
    cherokee-d_01.jpg
    830.1 KB · Views: 29
Wow! Very interesting what you've done, and it's a good looking model of the Cherokee. I myself just finished building a clone of the Cherokee D to original specs. It's overall length is just about 22". I used a Semroc motor mount, and decals, and a Semroc balsa nose cone (to give it an old school look). On it's maiden flight, it's a little scooter! On a D12-5 it moves like a scared jack rabbit and goes as high as my Cherokee E does on a E12! I love the Cherokee's, they're sexy.
Yea, I was surprised it went out of sight being a heavy tube NOT made for rocketry, 3D printed nosecone filled to make it smooth, ......... all on Estes D12! I have some Aerotech F reloads!!!!!!!! I was Impressed with the flight and the sound of the launch the camera captured. Interesting. I will get more flights when the winds die down they are ripping today, It will float a mile away.

LG~

Maiden Flight today. I apologize the video is not optimal but I will do better next time.
[video removed]
Yes if you post a video, at least I like to see iyt sitting on pad. My hey sounds like your first D engine

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes if you post a video, at least I like to see iyt sitting on pad. My hey sounds like your first D engine
Actually I have been flying D and above since I was 16 and I am 52 now. On the pad is what I need to do but I like to see most of the flight if I can.

LG~

Then I do not understand your comment on the sound. First time I launch a D..I said Wow...a lot louder than a C engine. Maybe this was you first time recording it.

Because I did not think the rocket would fly as high as it did! Open rocket says 700Ft but I just thought it would fly as high as my Big Daddy on a D, weights are very close. What did impress me the first time is composite motors in the Big Daddy Loud, and smokey. Awesome.

Ok
LG~

Well done on this! I hadn't seen this thread until just now, but enjoyed reading it. I love the use of "found materials" and adapting to use them. I do this also!

I will have to look for that shellac as a sealer. I have some projects where it might come in handy.

Then I do not understand your comment on the sound. First time I launch a D..I said Wow...a lot louder than a C engine. Maybe this was you first time recording it.
I love flight and rocket flight is impressive. I always enjoy a rocket launch.......

LG~

Maiden Flight today. I apologize the video is not optimal but I will do better next time.
[video removed]
I dont know WTF happened to my video and how the link got converted to an Only Fans link. So the video service that I WAS using totally converted over to an OnlyFans page. Can I get this link out of here????? Maybe some Moderators or Admins can allow me to edit my older stuff to get the link out.

Thanks

L/G~

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know WTF happened to my video and how the link got converted to an Only Fans link. So the video service that I WAS using totally converted over to an OnlyFans page. Can I get this link out of here????? Maybe some Moderators or Admins can allow me to edit my older stuff to get the link out.
That's one advantage of sticking with the big video hosters (e.g. Youtube, Vimeo). They're not gonna get bought out and ruined any time soon.

Anyway: send a PM to one of the mods (e.g. @timbucktoo or @cwbullet) and they'll help you out

Thanks

L/G~

send me a link by conversation

I still have my Cherokee and will fly when the Weather breaks. I was looking at it today and noticed that I forgot I made it to accept E engines also. Me thinks it needs an E12-4 that I just bought from HL...........more to follow!!!!

Back