Cheesiest space movie ever

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't seen this in the list yet. Yes, it happened, and we let it happen.

Wow... We may have a winner.

That thing made "Flash" (Sam J Jones, Queen soundtrack) look like 2001.

Many moons ago, my buddies and I would rent this kind of thing specifically for the unintentional humor aspect (Think a live version of MST3K with a couple of beers thrown in. :oops:) We almost didn't make it through this one, but we did discover, through skillful manipulation of the pause button, that the surface details on the spaceships were mostly undisguised empty plastic model sprues glued all over the place.

You might think that to a bunch of guys in their early twenties the scantily-clad women might be a bit of a redeeming quality, but, well... No. Not with this one. That couldn't even save it.:eek:

Scantily clad women can bring a painfully-hilariously-cheesy-trainwreck up just one notch to painfully-hilariously-cheesy-trainwreck-with-scantily-clad-women.

Gentlemen, gentlemen... I fear you misunderstand!

The SCWs did bring it up a notch; many notches, in fact! But alas,we found that it was too many notches in the hole to recover overall viability. Unfortunately, there were too many other painfully-hilariously-slightly-less-cheesy-trainwrecks-with-slightly-nicer-scantily-clad-women (to wit, Dr. Wogz example) to warrant a return engagement of Star Trash.

(DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this post are those of the poster and do not necessarily reflect those of the Rocketry Forum, it's members, supporters or vendors. Talk to your doctor before starting any new medications. Do not take if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Call now to get the compensation you deserve. I am a non-attorney spokesperson.)

:p

Last edited:
Wow...that really sucks. I guess they must have caught Christopher Plummer hungry. He was in there for a minute or so doing the monologue with.....too...many....dramatic.... pauses. Starcrash looks to be really awful. The trailers are usually the best part and they sucked. This was made in '79 so CGI didn't much exist at that point. Some real losers at least have decent effects, not this one. This puppy is definitely 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' bad. Not even plunging necklines and rampant cleavage can reduce the pain. I'd never heard of this movie before. It definitely deserves anonymity. We may have a winner here.

Jim

OK, I finally watched the trailer. Let's see, it's made in '79, has pew-pew blasters, a planet sized weapon, and glowing energy swords. "Hey, Lucas is on to something. We could do that!" No, they couldn't.

The opening graphic states "You are about to be hurled" Well, someone hurled, and the result was this movie!

Just saw the cheesiest space movie ever.
Iron Sky.
Premise at the end of WW2 the nazis secret space program sends surviving nazis to the moon where they colonize a base on the far side.
70 years later an American astronaut discovers it.
Now the nazis are strong enough to take over the world again.
It was so bad I couldn’t stop watching.
Interesting premise though if it was done right
I liked it... as much as one can like a cheesy movie. I guess there are few sequels which I haven't seen:

IRON SKY 2 Trailer 3 (2019) The Coming Race

Free MP3 download of my favorite version of Under the Iron Sky:

https://www.chillerstadt.com/projects/1377/

Back