Cheesiest space movie ever

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KILTED COWBOY

Reaction score
Just saw the cheesiest space movie ever.
Iron Sky.
Premise at the end of WW2 the nazis secret space program sends surviving nazis to the moon where they colonize a base on the far side.
70 years later an American astronaut discovers it.
Now the nazis are strong enough to take over the world again.
It was so bad I couldn’t stop watching.
Interesting premise though if it was done right

I was thinking Krull or Ice Pirates.
Those are pretty exquisitely awful, but it's really tough to top "Plan Nine from Outer Space". When I have seen that movie, I've been embarrassed for the people who were in it. The ultimate commentary on the movie was that Bela Lugosi was a pathetic junky by that time and died while the movie was being made.

Jim

Those are pretty exquisitely awful, but it's really tough to top "Plan Nine from Outer Space". When I have seen that movie, I've been embarrassed for the people who were in it. The ultimate commentary on the movie was that Bela Lugosi was a pathetic junky by that time and died while the movie was being made.

Jim

I have to admit that I haven never actually watched "Plan 9". Unfortunately, I was a projectionist when Krull and Ice Pirates came out and had to watch them prior to presenting to the public.

Plan 9 is, indeed, one of the worst/cheesiest movies ever made, but I don't think of it as a space movie. Sure there are aliens, but nothing happens in space.

Darkstar.
Boiler: What's Talby's first name?
[pause as Doolittle thinks]
Lt. Doolittle: What's my first name?​
Some of it is deliberately funny, but I think only half.

The Stuff was pretty horrid. So was Revenge of the Teenage Vixens from Outer Space.

I liked Krull, though I don’t remember why. I vaguely recall a wedding scene that was neat. Though I could easily be confusing it with another movie.

So Iron Sky is a great Inde B-Movie. It has a BIG cult following, so much so that a sequel, Iron Sky: The Coming Race, was crowd funded and will be released soon.

Tim

Ice Pirates, Anjelica Houston(!) 1984..
8% on Rotten Tomatoes..

Flash. While I remember flesh, I don't remember watching it..

'Ilsa of the SS' on the other hand.. :D

...and I thought I was the only sicko here....
Flesh Gordon is amazingly cheesey. The sequel, Flesh Gordon Meets the Cosmic Cheerleaders is even worse.
Now as for Iilsa, you need to be a special kind of (warped) person to watch those movies.
Iron Sky is certainly one of my guilty pleasures.

Last edited:
This thread inspired me to see what old movies I could watch on a plane trip to Singapore for work.

Ended up watching
  • The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
  • Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Ok, two were sort of space related, but largely based on Earth.

...and I thought I was the only sicko here....
Flesh Gordon is amazingly cheesey. The sequel, Flesh Gordon Meets the Cosmic Cheerleaders is even worse.
Now as for Iilsa, you need to be a special kind of (warped) person to watch those movies.
Iron Sky is certainly one of my guilty pleasures.

I've also watched most (if not all) John Water's movies..

Back