Check Out Perfectflite.com This Week

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, all these years and still difficulty finding these things. Maybe I should just throw mine up for sale. I hardly fly them anymore.

I've been checking every day for 4 months, I've sent emails and even made a couple of phone calls.....no joy. I don't know if they are even open anymore or not. I've asked around at some of the launches I've been to but no luck. Best kept secret since the Manhattan project.

I've been checking every day for 4 months, I've sent emails and even made a couple of phone calls.....no joy. I don't know if they are even open anymore or not. I've asked around at some of the launches I've been to but no luck. Best kept secret since the Manhattan project.
Ditto, check frequently, sent e-mail, nada.

I just found a brand new one with my data link cable... if I can't get my CF to see my laptop or PC I might just sell 2 brand new ones and one that's been used 1 time.

I have been using stratologgerCF altimeters for years now ever since I got back into rocketry. I am down to my last 2 and I have projects on the bench that will use both. I really want to get some more but without any in stock and no information from the manufacturer on why they are having problems looks like I will have to switch. What inexpensive, easy to use altimeter would any one out there recommend? Do not want to assemble them myself and they would need to be a comparable size to the stratologger. Any suggestions?

Damn, this sucks. The SLCF is the best combination of size, features, and price for an easy, DD altimeter. The most similar products are probably Missileworks. The RRC2 is comparable in size and price to the SLCF, but no data recording. If you want recording, you need the RRC3 which is much bigger in size.

For more elaborate projects, I use Featherweight Raven, but that is about 3X the cost of a SLCF.

I have been using stratologgerCF altimeters for years now ever since I got back into rocketry. I am down to my last 2 and I have projects on the bench that will use both. I really want to get some more but without any in stock and no information from the manufacturer on why they are having problems looks like I will have to switch. What inexpensive, easy to use altimeter would any one out there recommend? Do not want to assemble them myself and they would need to be a comparable size to the stratologger. Any suggestions?

You may want to consider the Missile Works RC 2+ or its newer version. The foot print is slightly larger than the CF, but I've found it to be very reliable. The newer version can be connected to an LCD to see flight parameters. With the recent price increase in the CF, I believe the RC2+ may be slightly cheaper. Also, customer service is very good

Fred

I got the last one last night. Just happened to check the site and saw they were in stock. Tried to order 2 but it wouldn't let me. Changed it to 1 and it went through. Rechecked the site and out of stock. So, when will they have more???

I tried to order one fri. Night when they were in stock when I pressed the buy button it said they can't ship to my address. tryed everything I could think of it wouldn't do it sent an email haven't heard anything but it's the weekend.guess I'll just order some more missile works stuff

Back