cheapest source for BP motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astronboy

Reaction score
Now that Valueland is belly-up, what is the cheapest source for ESTES and QUEST motors?

Wal-mart is a good source but they do not carry a big selection.

Also use a "50% off any one item" at Michaels crafts to buy a blast off pack of 24 motors.

Yes, I had forgotten about Wallyworld and Michael's. The 50% off blast packs are a real deal.

Anyone know of a good source for discount QUEST motors?

I picked up a blast off pack at Toys R Us for 27.99.

Michaels here has the blast off pack for 54.99, 27.50 with the 50%coupon.

A local hobby shop in the Detroit area Rider's Hobby, is closing (actually consolidating with one of their other stores)

Everything was 1/2 off! A3-4's A10-0's. Micro Maxx motors...even extra MicroMaxx ignigters!

sandman

I've been buying the Blast Off packs from Toys-R-Us. They are only 27.99 there. :D

Regards,
Todd

I just keep checking the online stores.
hobbylinc.com and greatlakeshobbies.com
are a couple I use. I never find them on sale in any local stores...:mad:

When I buy them online I always load up, 10 or 20 packs. :cool:

for single packs I go to AC Moore crafts store for Quest motors and kits, they have 40 and 50 % off coupons all the time. They also carry air brush equipment.

Valueland went belly up?:(
how long ago did it happen?
Wally World is the best place for BP motors

Originally posted by Prowler901
I've been buying the Blast Off packs from Toys-R-Us. They are only 27.99 there.

The reason that T-R-U is selling stuff so cheaply is that they are discontinuing their model rocketry stuff. In fact, they are discontinuing all their model stuff---plastic non-flying airplanes, everything. Once they sell what they have on the shelves, that's it.

Our TRU must have a heck of a surplus then. Every time I go in and get a pack or two of the blast off packs, the shelf is full, stacked about 5 wide, 2 high and 5 deep. I've been hearing about all these people getting 'em discounted at their TRU's and I'm constantly waiting for stock to go down so I can get a deal!

I think powderburner is right ,
I got the last motor pack from the local TRus about 2 months ago
no models ,no micro maxx..just a couple starter sets in the clearence shelf,
to top that,,,,none of the local Michaels carries rocketry items either......my only local motor outlet is Walmart(poor selection) and hobbytown USA (old dusty motors for outrageous prices)

I basically have to buy online.so as to the original posted inquery...
any good sites for motors would be greatly appreciated....thanks

Yes, the BOPs have been trickling into my local Toyrs R Us as well. here and there.

Red Arrow hobbies seems to have prices simliar to Wallyworld: 4.69-5.29 per pack of QUEST motors

I just picked up some C6-5s at my local Walmart for $3.00 a three pack!! They were not marked, and I scanned all of the other engines with their 'price checker' machine. Only the C6-5 s are on sale. I went back and cleaned them out......

Visited a Wally-World about 15 miles away at lunchtime today. Plenty of engines, none at $3.00. In fact, a Micro Max motor pack had the markdown sticker removed and was back up to $4.97!!

Scan 'em before you buy!!

Originally posted by stymye
I think powderburner is right ,
I got the last motor pack from the local TRus about 2 months ago
no models ,no micro maxx..just a couple starter sets in the clearence shelf,
to top that,,,,none of the local Michaels carries rocketry items either......my only local motor outlet is Walmart(poor selection) and hobbytown USA (old dusty motors for outrageous prices)

I basically have to buy online.so as to the original posted inquery...
any good sites for motors would be greatly appreciated....thanks

Must depend on the TRU, cuz my local one had about 10 BOP's last time I was in....

Too bad the Wal-Marts that I've been to don't have D engines. Decent selection of 18mm though for $4.97 a pack. I grab at least two packs every time I go in. The wal-mart pack even comes with the bonus few sheets of wadding.

Wllmart USED to carry Ds when they sold that gag rocket, THE DUDE. 2 for $4.97. When the Dude was dropped, the Ds were sold off at $1.00 a pack!!

Back