cheapest for LOC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1dermon

Reaction score
i need a cheap, reliable site that can provide me with good service and a LOC aura. i would pay up to 30 dollars for it. if people have experience with some good sites that can meet my requests, please post. i usually order from towerhobbies but they only carry estes and lpr kits. no LOCs to be found. thanks in advance!

Try Hobbylinc (https://www.hobbylinc.com/), they've got the Aura for just over $22.

I've brought loads from them (they exchange rate is very much in us Brit's favour, so I can get loadsakits for my £), and I find they're service second to none.

thanks a lot. i had considered them, but i had never heard of them before, and i couldnt find anyone with experience with them. so once again. thanks a lot.

Originally posted by r1dermon
thanks a lot.
No problem, I'm glad I could help.

(just put 'dan at cydermaster dot me dot uk' in as your referer's e-mail ;) )

no problem man. i'll post pics of this beast on a G80...once its finished of course.

Another vote for Hobbylinc. I've ordered from them a lot and have never had a problem.

I also, have the LOC Aura and it is one of my favorite MPR rockets. Make sure you have a big field. And unless you are landing on sod, you might want to replace the streamer with a small parachute.

Hobbylinc is great :). Ordered from them before. To bad vauleland went out of business... they were the best :(

well, the only way that i would launch it on a F or G would be at a cmass launch. and i'd say that field is quite suitable(amesbury MA). also, i've read about the stock streamer being too small, but i have an extra 12" chute lying around, so i'll probably throw that on. i've also read that the find dont like F or G flights, so glass fillets are probably not a bad idea huh?

SWEET, the AURA is on its way baby. i can't wait. muhahahaha, thanks a lot for the feedback. cyder, tell me if you recieve 5% off your next order, i think i got your email correct:cool:

well, the only way that i would launch it on a F or G would be at a cmass launch. and i'd say that field is quite suitable(amesbury MA). also, i've read about the stock streamer being too small, but i have an extra 12" chute lying around, so i'll probably throw that on. i've also read that the find dont like F or G flights, so glass fillets are probably not a bad idea huh?

I didn't glass... I used a generous epoxy fillet and have never had a problem... even when it came down hard on the Black Rock playa with the small streamer. Scared some people on the flight line, but the rocket was fine.

thats correct right?
Yep - thats right. Now I've just got to work out what to order ......

(BTW. could you do me a favour and go back & edit your post so my e-mail is a little bit 'corrupted', eg: change the @ symbol to the word 'at'; I'm a little paranoid about harvester programs 'finding' my addy & spaming me more than I am already! Thanks :D )

i need a cheap, reliable site that can provide me with good service and a LOC aura. i would pay up to 30 dollars for it. if people have experience with some good sites that can meet my requests, please post. i usually order from towerhobbies but they only carry estes and lpr kits. no LOCs to be found. thanks in advance!

Great Lakes: $22.99

https://www.greatlakeshobbies.com/c...e+whrj8719ff6d986d+-p+-c+scstore.cfg+LOCPK001

Plus $7.00 shipping. Still under your $30.

I've always had excellent service there.

thanks! i'll check them out for my next purchase....maybe a viper...dunno though. the AURA is insane, i got it from hobbylinc, with insurance it was 31 bucks...not too bad. the thing is a beast though. USPS did a great job shipping it...i got it 4 days after the order.

order something cool
I just have, a LOC Viper III. Your referal saved me $1.79 (99p in real money). Thanks. :D

(photos will follow; in another thread, natch)

Back