CHEAP! X-Acto #11 blades

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hcmbanjo

Reaction score
If you haven't been to this site yet, check them out - for tools!
www.modelexpo-online.com

It's a model ship building company, but they have some great deals on tools.

Right now they are running a special on #11 X-Acto style blades - 100 blades for $4.99!
I've bought 100 for $14.99 before but this is great! Best price I've ever seen! You might not see this deal online, it was sent out in a promotional catalog for customers.

The blade part number is MT8001, you have to let them know the offer code is W364 when ordering.
They always have lots of modeler's tools for sale, some are better than others. But, the blades I've bought in bulk before have always been as good as the X-Acto brand.

Hans "Chris" Michielssen
Old/New NAR #19086 SR

Last edited:
Like I wrote in the earlier post,
This is in their Spring Savings Catalog. A special catalog to customers, but mention the offer code W364 and they'll honor it. This item, as well as many other specials, is not on their website.

You can call them at 800-222-3876 on Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time.
Or order online, mention the offer code W364. It is on the upper right of page 10, the item # is MT8001, $4.99.

Call them and try it on Monday, it's a toll-free call, what have you got to lose?

Hans "Chris" Michielssen
Old/New NAR # 19086 SR

Ok, I'm an idiot. I didn't see the 1 in front of the 4.

That's ok though. 14.95 for 100 blades is still cheap.

Last edited:
Hi gang,
Apologies to all.
I called Model Expo to put in my order. Actually got a live operator without going through prompts. She explained:
They did have the blades at that price (100 for $4.99) until they ran out of that "lot" last week.
They now sell 100 blades at the older price of $14.95.
Still it's a good prices, but not a great price.

Sorry for the trouble,

Hans "Chris" Michielssen
Old/New NAR # 19086

Back