Cheap Estes PS II AP motors at Hobby Lobby

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the 3 area Hobby Lobby's (WOW!!!) that I thought I had cleaned out of clearance stuff had a Leviathan for $21.59 and F26 for 8.99. They no longer have those - now in my stash. I'll have to try that location again...

Total HL clearance acquisitions:
3 bulk pack Wizards 21.59 each
1 bulk pack Up Aerospace E2X 17.59
2 Ventris 21.59 each
1 Leviathan 21.59
1 F26 8.99

Very nice.

To date, mine were

1 Estes Astron Elliptic II - $5.99 - replaced the one I crashed awhile back.
1 Estes F26-6FJ - $9.79
1 Estes F50-6T - $9.79
1 Estes G80-7T - $9.79

You two are like some kind of Superheroes. If you had managed to get an additional 40% off, there would have been a rift in the space-time continuum.

Dropped in my local Hobby Lobby this evening just to browse around in the Clearance section. There was a Ventris and a Leviathan, each for $21.59, plus a QCC Explorer for $6.83(do not know how good a deal that is). They had 6 of the Estes composites: 2 F50, 1 F26, and 3 G40/80(?). The 3 F and 1 G were $8.99 and the other 2 G were $10.07. I didn't have a 40% coupon with me to see if I'd get the discount on anything(that might bother me to take advantage of them), but I resisted the temptation to buy anything. One should never go to HL w/o that coupon. ;) That Leviathan seems like a nice rocket. I believe there was also a bulk pack of some small rocket(Wizard) that was marked down to $21.59(IIRC). I haven't done any rocketry in awhile, but it almost seems a shame to let this stuff get away from me at these prices.

Last edited:
Dropped in my local Hobby Lobby this evening just to browse around in the Clearance section. There was a Ventris and a Leviathan, each for $21.59, plus a QCC Explorer for $6.83(do not know how good a deal that is). They had 6 of the Estes composites: 2 F50, 1 F26, and 3 G40/80(?). The 3 F and 1 G were $8.99 and the other 2 G were $10.07. I didn't have a 40% coupon with me to see if I'd get the discount on anything(that might bother me to take advantage of them), but I resisted the temptation to buy anything. One should never go to HL w/o that coupon. ;) That Leviathan seems like a nice rocket. I believe there was also a bulk pack of some small rocket that was marked down to $12.59(IIRC). I haven't done any rocketry in awhile, but it almost seems a shame to let this stuff get away from me at these prices.

That was too good to pass up, most Leviathans are priced at $48.95. You should have bought it all, especially the Leviathan at a 65% discount. That is better then you can get with the coupon that is only good for regular priced items.

That was too good to pass up, most Leviathans are priced at $48.95. You should have bought it all, especially the Leviathan at a 65% discount. That is better then you can get with the coupon that is only good for regular priced items.

I may run back tomorrow and take another look at it. I noticed the QCC is priced very well, but I think those small pieces would frustrate me. I can't remember the last time I put together a rocket; it's been a number of years ago. Maybe that Leviathan might rekindle my interest. :)

I may run back tomorrow and take another look at it. I noticed the QCC is priced very well, but I think those small pieces would frustrate me. I can't remember the last time I put together a rocket; it's been a number of years ago. Maybe that Leviathan might rekindle my interest. :)

I built a QCC Explorer and although there are a lot of pieces, it really isn't all that bad.

I used thin CA to build the intakes which made it go a LOT faster.

Otherwise it would have taken forever if white or wood glue was used.

As for the Leviathan, I would jump all over that. You won't get a MPR kit for that price anywhere else.:wink:

I built a QCC Explorer and although there are a lot of pieces, it really isn't all that bad.

I used thin CA to build the intakes which made it go a LOT faster.

Otherwise it would have taken forever if white or wood glue was used.

As for the Leviathan, I would jump all over that. You won't get a MPR kit for that price anywhere else.:wink:
Well, I didn't get the Leviathan(I guess it will sit there awhile; maybe they'll drop in down to $12.00 or so;)), but I did pick up the G40 and the G80 for $20.78(tax included). I did see a nice 1/48 scale Revell WWII bomber model(Level 3) in the Clearance for <$7.00. I really like that clearance area; sometime you can find things really useful for practically nothing.:)

Last edited:
Well, my patience was rewarded. My son and his wife gave me a Hobby Lobby gift card for X-mas. I dropped in there today and the price on the Leviathan had been further reduced to $12.95. :eyepop: To make matters even better, I found (2) F26-6FJ motors and (1) G40-7W each marked down to $5.39. I got the whole bundle for $31.74 ($29.12+$2.62 tax). They had a couple of Laser Lance rockets marked down to around $3.50 or so. Thank you Hobby Lobby!:)

Well, my patience was rewarded. My son and his wife gave me a Hobby Lobby gift card for X-mas. I dropped in there today and the price on the Leviathan had been further reduced to $12.95. :eyepop: To make matters even better, I found (2) F26-6FJ motors and (1) G40-7W each marked down to $5.39. I got the whole bundle for $31.74 ($29.12+$2.62 tax). They had a couple of Laser Lance rockets marked down to around $3.50 or so. Thank you Hobby Lobby!:)

Which Hobby Lobby was that? I may hit a few around here.

Whitney, It is the one in Alexandria. If you go in one where you live, make sure you go to the Clearance section. They are usually located in the back, right corner of the store. Let me know if you find anything interesting.

Whitney, It is the one in Alexandria. If you go in one where you live, make sure you go to the Clearance section. They are usually located in the back, right corner of the store. Let me know if you find anything interesting.

Thanks, I'll be at the Slidell one tomorrow.

Back