Cheap 38mm CF tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthMuffin

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just received this from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079NZ8NL2
(reports of unavailable but might search for other 38mm ID 40mm OD tubes, be sure to check shipping)
Estimated delivery was 6-8 weeks and I got it in one.

Looks great! A 38mm centering ring is a really tight fit, I'll need to do some quick sanding or remove half a layer of paper. But I think it will work out.
I don't have a 38mm motor or tube to try in it, sorry.

It's exactly 1000mm (39 3/8") long and 183 grams.

Last edited:
Be careful with use of these tubes . They are made with carbon uni with a very light weight cloth. I attempted to make some single use motors with similar sized tubes and they all split lengthwise over about 250 psi. I'm not sure of the column strength on these.

I expected it was made in China for this cost, and I try to buy domestic but when the price difference is the difference between rocket or no rocket...

The surface at least is a woven twill pattern. Honestly this is going into a rocket that could probably be cardboard tubes and hold up, but I want the extra durability, experience, looks, and ease of finishing. Plus it's going into a learning project where odds are non-zero that I will hamfist something into unusability.

I just received this from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079NZ8NL2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
(shipping cost me $9, not sure why it now says $25 so buyer beware)
Estimated delivery was 6-8 weeks and I got it in one.

Looks great! A 38mm centering ring is a really tight fit, I'll need to do some quick sanding or remove half a layer of paper. But I think it will work out.
I don't have a 38mm motor or tube to try in it, sorry.

It's exactly 1000mm (39 3/8") long and 183 grams.

Item is currently unavailable from Amazon.

Back