Changed my windshield wipers, got 24 motor hooks!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one to figure this out but I havne't seen it mentioned, I was replacing my windshield wipers today and realized the little stainless spring steel inserts(two in each wiper blade) were perfect width for motor hooks.

My challenger has 22" wipers and I was able to get 24 motor hooks out of the two wiper blades bending them myself for a 2.75" length. They are stainless, robust and pretty nice, not as soft as some commercial hooks.

Frank

Last edited:
Yep I stopped doing that because I can not use them up as fast as I have to replace the wipers.
Here in the desert southwest, the sun dry rots the wipers once a year... or so...
And I just don't build 24 LPR rockets a year! :)

Yep I stopped doing that because I can not use them up as fast as I have to replace the wipers.
Here in the desert southwest, the sun dry rots the wipers once a year... or so...
And I just don't build 24 LPR rockets a year! :)

I have a feeling 12 or so of those on a mount may even keep a 75mm motor in :cool:

How many 24mm x 95mm engine hooks could you get out of them (I'm presuming that 24 motor hooks had some leftover material).

[EDIT] Photos... More Photos!!!

Back