CF Fin attachment

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I flew a 2245 in a 4 inch Extreme Wildman with a more conventional recovery (CO2/BP Canister) when LDRS was at AirFest. At the time it was mentioned that they were swamped with high altitude requests with time running short. If that is the case now, maybe it is just that they don't have the time to figure out if your system is safe to fly. It may be worth an email asking what info they need to reassure them.

Jeff
I think that when they see something different, they automatically put up the wall. That can't work because I've never seen it before. I'm put into a category of potentially dangerous and wrote off.

When I reached out to the prefect of Airfest over a month ago about these flights and asked him what his recommendations would be, he never returned my PM. He answered every question I may have had without even saying a word. I know he read it more than once, but refused to reply. He might be busy, but so am I. That's no excuse.

By the way, how did your 2245 flight turn out?

Last edited:
I think that when they see something different, they automatically put up the wall. That can't work because I've never seen it before. I'm put into a category of potentially dangerous and wrote off.

When I reached out to the prefect of Airfest over a month ago about these flights and asked him what his recommendations would be, he never returned my PM. He answered every question I may have had without even saying a word. I know he read it more than once, but refused to reply. He might be busy, but so am I. That's no excuse.

By the way, how did your 2245 flight turn out?

Speaking of refusing to reply, care to answer the question I posed about prior experience with minimum diameter birds from post #190:
OP, pure speculation on my part, but perhaps there is concern about track record? Meaning, have you flown other minimum diameter birds successfully? If so, and to Theory's point, perhaps sharing some of this data would help validate your experience and put some concerns to bed?

I would bet you a C note that the bulk of the Kloudbuster's driving concerns focus around lack of experience with successful minimum diameter builds and flights. This is not a Kloudbuster's problem, please stop insinuating it is...

Speaking of refusing to reply, care to answer the question I posed about prior experience with minimum diameter birds from post #190:
OP, pure speculation on my part, but perhaps there is concern about track record? Meaning, have you flown other minimum diameter birds successfully? If so, and to Theory's point, perhaps sharing some of this data would help validate your experience and put some concerns to bed?

I would bet you a C note that the bulk of the Kloudbuster's driving concerns focus around lack of experience with successful minimum diameter builds and flights. This is not a Kloudbuster's problem, please stop insinuating it is...
Justin,

The flight I am talking about here is not minimum diameter. Why do you think it is? The 2245 is a 3 inch motor and the airframe is 4 inches. The MD flight that you must be thinking of is the 5800. That flight will not happen at Airfest.

I have had many successful flights over the years, just not with you or anybody you may know. Would you really believe a word I say? We both know the answer to that one.

Wow! Talk about throwing someone under the bus! We DID respond to you by email stating we believed your ejection charges were small for a 4” rocket but would be happy to look at an ejection charge test. We never heard back from you.
Frankly, it may be a moot point now.
Bob Brown
Prefect, Kloudbusters Inc.

Wow! Talk about throwing someone under the bus! We DID respond to you by email stating we believed your ejection charges were small for a 4” rocket but would be happy to look at an ejection charge test. We never heard back from you.
Frankly, it may be a moot point now.
Bob Brown
Prefect, Kloudbusters Inc.
Have a great launch.

Back