cessaroni pro38

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry_five5

Reaction score
are there only two different g reloads for these? how loud are these motors in comparison to the aerotech g's?

Far as I know there's only the standard and smoky-sam propellant. Those are the smallest Cesaroni motors. Compared to AT they're less smoke and noise, but look to be very efficient. I plan to use them when moving up to larger 38mm loads - they become very competitive with AT prices at that size. Otherwise AT G's are a better value and you get more choice of propellant.

also they are PADs and don't require a leup..although in here in the peoples republic of kalifornia you need a permit from every agency within a 200 mile radius of your launch site;)

I don't think that's entirely correct. The Smoky Sams require a LEUP, standard reloads I think is up to whatever the local ATF says.

I'd hate to stray off topic but :

I'm a Canadian with a CAR junior lvl 2 cert. I'd like to fly an Ellis Mtn. 29mm "I" but I don't think I can get em in Canada. Could I legally fly one at a launch in the U.S.?

Originally posted by Chilly
I don't think that's entirely correct. The Smoky Sams require a LEUP, standard reloads I think is up to whatever the local ATF says.

I stand corrected, i forgot about the smoky sam's. I used the standard stuff for my cert flight. With the black rock desert so close It is the only place I fly, as a matter of fact I don't think I have launched any med/high power stuff here in California. I can't remember if they were louder than AT's or not, must be about the same or I would have remembered.

GL-P-- I would make double check with who ever is doing the launch, but it shouldn't be a problem. I have used the Ellis mtn H-138 and it was a great motor.

Originally posted by GL-P
I'd hate to stray off topic but :

I'm a Canadian with a CAR junior lvl 2 cert. I'd like to fly an Ellis Mtn. 29mm "I" but I don't think I can get em in Canada. Could I legally fly one at a launch in the U.S.?

I doubt any reputable seller would provide you with an I69. I'm not sure how the certifications cross over but most sellers would require you to be 18 to purchase that motor. Most I know would want you to have a "responsible" adult take possession of the motor.

A

Now see...this is how it all starts. First the memory goes...then the eyes...:eek:

Didn't catch the junior part there...I know, i'll blame it on the cold weather slowing the brain cells...

I figured being a junior would be a problem. And then we get into the parent's name on the card issue. Lets not go there again.

Not that desperate for a 29mm I!!! :D

Thanks anyway!!!

Back