Cesaroni Technology and Animal Motor Works announce merger of HPR product lines

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two problems with the above assessment. First, it would violate CTI's patent. Second, CTI has a much higher investment into automation equipment for their non-hobby propellant production.

While that would be true on the Pro38, because of the plastic ready to go casing; it would not be true on the larger motors.

CTI has asked Aerotech to cert their motors in their cases in so many words on the FAQs of their website :surprised:

Forecheck.... you missed it last month at Walcott [The Crown Jewel as BHP would say] I flew a Crazy Jim Kryptonite in the Luna_tic. It was awesome.....but alas... I can say no more.

Forecheck.... you missed it last month at Walcott [The Crown Jewel as BHP would say] I flew a Crazy Jim Kryptonite in the Luna_tic. It was awesome.....but alas... I can say no more.

YES YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!

We get at least one more at the Crown Jewel here in August. If I'm not there, curse me to leprosy.

Even then, you still have to give up the goods and let me know what's up.

References pulled. Regardless of the intent, it could be read by a 3rd party as a personal insult against another vendor and is not pertinent to the announcement. That story has already been discussed ad infinitum so doesn't need to be repeated here.

I've been accused of being a fanboi for pulling stuff that was attacking AT "just in fun". Please respect the other side of that.

Cesaroni Technology and Animal Motor Works announce merger?

Hmmmmm, so did Chrysler and Daimler, or so we were told, only to find out later that Daimler owned Chrysler.:rolleyes:

excuse me for being offish, I find that things sound to good , somebody loses.

But Flying a 29mm SkidMark sound like fun!

My $00.02's:pirate:

So as it stands now:

CTI Certified Motors in AT's Large Hardware.
AT Certified Motors in AMW Hardware.
CTI/AMW "Merge" and plan to go after AT as a group?

Any ideas on what the next item to add to the list is?

CTI reloads work in AT casings??? You learn something new every day...
Who said anything about going after AT? It seems that AMW needed to move, and CTI will provide a new home.

Ghost,

well if just a move as you suggest, seems like stretching the long arm of coincidence that there is a sudden expansion of products, perhaps most significantly into 24 and 29mm lines. A potentially interesting facet of the landscape IMO is the fact that many brick and morter hobby shops have low inventories due to BATFE restrictions--assuming we prevail there, when the dust settles it could be a brave new world out there. Just a notion.

I forgot about the 29/24 lines. It would be nice to have more of those, however... I have to order reloads online. Not one of the 5 hobby shops near me have *ever* heard of mid-powered rocketry (Estes and Quest only.)

Thats a shame. The district manager for Hobby Town USA flies with one of the clubs I belong to and is a very enthusiastic re the hobby and receptive to our needs--probably the best stocked Hobby Town rocket-wise in the country.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria"

Thats a shame. The district manager for Hobby Town USA flies with one of the clubs I belong to and is a very enthusiastic re the hobby and receptive to our needs--probably the best stocked Hobby Town rocket-wise in the country.

I just have a bunch of Hobby Peoples near me. And Kit Kraft... they have the most Estes and Quest stuff... but only Estes and Quest. Oh! And there is Smith Brothers, but they only have Estes, Quest, Sunward, and Custom rockets... and only estes and quest engines :( I give up :(

Gizmo's in Burbank (on the same block as Chili John's featured in a critical episode of the HBO series "Big Love") had Aerotech in the past. I have not been in there in a while, but call 'em and see if they still carry them. Most stores will get you anything you want if their local distributor stocks Aerotech.

If not, try Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair or eHobbies (they moved back to the basin somewhere).

I just have a bunch of Hobby Peoples near me. And Kit Kraft... they have the most Estes and Quest stuff... but only Estes and Quest. Oh! And there is Smith Brothers, but they only have Estes, Quest, Sunward, and Custom rockets... and only estes and quest engines :( I give up :(

I thought eHobbies moved away... did they move back? <crossing my fingers>
I was at Gizmo's about a month ago, and their rocket stock was limited. I once got the Estes Designer's pack there, and I built about 15 rockets from it. I wanted to get another, but they don't have them anymore. After, I ate at Chili John's... OMG, I love it there (their chili dog is great!!!)

I thought eHobbies moved away... did they move back? <crossing my fingers>
I was at Gizmo's about a month ago, and their rocket stock was limited. I once got the Estes Designer's pack there, and I built about 15 rockets from it. I wanted to get another, but they don't have them anymore. After, I ate at Chili John's... OMG, I love it there (their chili dog is great!!!)

Yup, they moved back after the Amazon arrangement did not work out so good. They were supposed to have a small "store" where you could go to do local pick-up but never heard anything more about that. i suggest sending them an e-mail.

My approach to all hobby shops is to call them first, before driving there to find ouot if they have an item in stock. If not, I ask them if they can order it and then I leave a phone number and name to get a call when it's time to go pick it up. Too many hobby shops get burned by stocking very expensive items on the shelf that just don't sell fast (or ever). If an item gets special ordered enough, they usually consider stocking it as a regular on the shelf item.

There are plenty of local TARC teams that would love to find a reliable local supplier of Aerotech RMS and single use - or any other CSFM classified brands.

I'll shoot 'em off an email. Last time I ordered from e-hobbies, however, the order was delayed a month :( Local pick-up would be nice.

CTI reloads work in AT casings??? You learn something new every day...

Only in the 75mm and 98mm product line. The 38mm and 54mm CTI's are not available in a configuration (at this point) that works in Aerotech hardware.

which makes me excited because that means a reliable and available source of ferrocene and catocene free Model Rocket motors are sure to come soon :).

I admit, I'm not familiar with what those chemicals are. Is catocene what causes catos?

:)

Not directly. It is simply a burn rate catalyst that some people do not like. Used properly, it works just fine.

How will AMW/CTI get around the use of AT's patents for the delay in smaller motors?

As I tried to say before (must...not...utter..."toldjaso")

YOU CANNOT PATENT A SHAPE....particularly when it's something kinda like...gee, a cylinder.

I, you, AMW, CES...anyone can package some o-rings, plastic seals, particularly-sized cylinders of propellant....AND a particularly-sized cylinder of delay material.

I couldn't (probably) make the hardware without breaking some patents, as there apparantly is something inherently unique about the design.

But the silly little generic stuff in reload kits? No way is that protected/protectable. Vacuum cleaner bags/filters...toner cartridges....appliance parts...whatever. The fact that something fits in a device that may be patented doesn't mean that that 'something' is patented.

All this news totally backs up me & a few others that kept trying to drill this into your heads a few weeks ago; anyone can make & sell reloads for any motor...period.

This might not be THAT big a deal, because you will indeed be seeing cut 'n dried 'rules' from each hardware mfg. that they will NEVER honor warranties when a motor catos w/someone else's reload. For 29mm guys like me...eh, it's worth the risk to, say, try a skid. If I blow a casing/closure or blow a seal & waste a load that AT would normally replace, so what. it's like $20-30 for whatever would be replaced. But for your K-M guys...where most hardware failures happen, when the hardware and/or the loads are in the $$hundreds$$, you can bet people are gonna SERIOUSLY consider these factors before going off-brand.

Another crystal-ball prediction...you MIGHT see, AMW/CES saying "if you CATO with our load in AT hardware, send in the complete motor with the spent load inside....if we determine user/assembly error was not at fault, we will replace the AT hardware with comparably-sized AMW hardware at no charge (or maybe just an AMW/CES reload if the hardware is unscathed)". Get it...they'll supercede AT's warranty refusal & turn it into an opportunity to take one of their motors off the market & get their hardware in more hands. Ditto, though, if someone uses Kosdon by AT loads in AMW hardware.....AMW might balk on replacing stuff, so AT could step in and say "gee, we'll give you a comparable RMS motor".

jee I thought was thread was about Cesaroni Technology and Animal Motor Works announced merger?

can we get back on subject. Please

So, if any of the company reps are still here, what will this mean to the consumer?

Back