Cesaroni Pro54

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my thoughts on the CTI Pro54 motors. They are the best thing to come out of Canada since back bacon! I'm very impressed with the simplicity, reliability, and performance of the motor system. Assembling the motors is litterally a 2-step process and the pyrodex ignitor grain in the top of the motor assures instant ignition every time. The motors are a little more expensive than their RMS counterparts but they are very worth it! I suggest you give them a try.

I like AMW, though I have seen some Pro motors, they arent bad, look like real missile motors.

AMW is simple to build, but it still takes some work, I kinda like building motors.

I'd have to agree with everything you've said except that they're the best thing since Crown Royal Whisky!

I've flown a lot of both Pro 38 and 54 motors. They really are nice with their 'intsant on' ignition, supplied igniter and adjustable delay.

Have you seen the new Pro54 L730? Now there is a motor with some oomph and cool factor.

I'm still waiting on my free motor case from AMW but they are great motors, too. The Skidmark is amazing.

I know for a fact those guys are working hard to get you your cases, they are trying, evidently from the webpage though, alot of people got in on the order

Ryan is correct, we are working on shipping all the free hardware out this week

Joel

Since the thread is already OT..:kill:

How are the 39 mm AMW's coming? I see on your site 'they will be done when they are done' but i want to know...:D I'd love a GG 38.:)

My response about not having yet received the AMW case was not a complaint. It may have come across that way but it wasn't my intent. I understand that those zookeepers were most likely overwhelmed with their generous offer (and probably very wise business decision. I'm sure I'll be a repeat customer since I own the hardware!) AMW has been good about keeping us informed of the status of the hardware and I really can't complain about getting something free.

When you do see your first Skidmark motor launched make sure you face the pad. You can feel the thump of the burn on you chest. It really is amazing. And you probably won't hear more than half of the burn because the crowd watching will spontaneously erupt into a huge "WoW!" then start hooting and hollerin. OK, I'm exagerating - you will hear it - but the crowd will whoop it up which is fun to see too.

I love AMW motors :) and I agree with Ryan. The only down side, is I find them a bit more difficult to clean. I heard that Phenolic liners help tremendously on that regard, so I asked for phenolic liners with my current order :)

In an attempt to un-hijack this thread...

I love the Pro54s! One thing I think is sorta interesting is that the 2 and 3 grain motors make for a more majestic flight. As soon as you step up to the K445 4 grain, the whole visual and audible impact is much greater. They just seem to have so much more "GO" to them. Even when compered to AT stuff, which is also very cool in its own right, the K660 for example seems to be much louder and "thrustier" than the K700W <btw, a K660 from 50 feet is a very cool experience>. I think the 54/2560 BT load will change the tide though:D

In any case <pun intended>, they are very cool motors, and i can't wait to try out the L730!

Originally posted by rocwizard
In an attempt to un-hijack this thread...

I love the Pro54s! One thing I think is sorta interesting is that the 2 and 3 grain motors make for a more majestic flight. As soon as you step up to the K445 4 grain, the whole visual and audible impact is much greater. They just seem to have so much more "GO" to them. Even when compered to AT stuff, which is also very cool in its own right, the K660 for example seems to be much louder and "thrustier" than the K700W <btw, a K660 from 50 feet is a very cool experience>. I think the 54/2560 BT load will change the tide though:D

In any case <pun intended>, they are very cool motors, and i can't wait to try out the L730!
I love the K660. They are $120 a pop but MAN do they go! You have to love those mach diamonds.

Back